Full Shred vs Pegasus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full Shred vs Pegasus

Alright lads...a question. I've got a Full Shred bridge that's been laying around looking for honest employment and my GAS is in desire of a Pegasus...other than videos and sound bytes the difference between the two isn't overwhelming. I'm not Eric Johnson and the nuances through my setup tend to get muddled. Any reason to drop the cash on the Pegasus or should I just stick the Full Shred in and STFU. Ibanez S470 with a mahogany body and a Peavey XXX 40 watt combo. Thanks for the feedback!

The Pegasus will have more mids. If you feel like you are lacking mids in the bridge position it might be worth a look.
    "I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

That can be a tricky guitar to fit pickups to. I've owned several. It doesnt exactly sound like Mahogany. It has a softer top and bottom, it sounds more like Basswood imo, because of the thinness and light weight of the body.

Ive had a FS in an S540. It was OK, but it lacked thickness in the solo notes. In general I think it needs ceramic pickups that are focuses and bass and mid heavy, so you can crank the treble without it getting harsh. Pegasus is probably better than the FS. I would also try a Tone Zone (even though its A5). I think thats what they ship in the Prestige these days. If you want more output than a Tone Zone, then try any of the Petrucci pickups. I dont know the equivalents in the Duncan line.

The FS will work, but the solo notes may sound thin. Try it out.

Comment

Full Shred is almost all highs and little else. The Pegasus has less highs, more mids and bass...essentially the opposite.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I wonder what a full shred with a ceramic would sound like in the bridge?

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Someone had once told me to run with a Custom in the bridge...I think that might be the direction I will head. Thanks again!

Comment

A Custom is sort of like a 59 EQ profile, but much louder. Very tight in the lows, cutting in the highs.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                I wonder what a full shred with a ceramic would sound like in the bridge?
                Ceramic Full Shred NECK in the bridge LOL.
                The things that you wanted
                I bought them for you

Comment

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post

Ceramic Full Shred NECK in the bridge LOL.
                  Or UOA5 Full Shred bridge.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X