STRAT 2/4 POSITIONS SOUND OFF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STRAT 2/4 POSITIONS SOUND OFF

Hi & hope all are well. A quick question,,,, I noticed on all of my pickguard I've been making, positions 2 & 4 sound like you threw a blanket over the speaker. SD Surfers, SD Texas Hots, Little59, SSL2's,,, anything. 1/3/5 all sound great, but 2/4 loose all the top end & quack. Everything's in phase, & basically cool except for that veil. The only thing these pickguards all share in common, is a Blender Pot. I have a master Vol., Master Tone, & the blender.
    Before I start operating on everything, what the heck could it be? My volume pots are already 300k, but does the value of the single tone control pot matter? And/or does the Blender value matter?

Thanks,Kenny

Is the Blender a no-load?

For me, lowering the middle pickup and moving tones to just neck and bridge respectively gives me the best quack. On some modern Strats position 2 has both tones (more load) active.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Oh haha, just asked you to make a thread...kudos to you!
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

the relative heights of pups makes a big difference to me in notch tone. lowering the middle will change things, try it and see if you go in the right direction. i dont use blend pots so cant really help there

Comment

A buddy of Mincer's & mine called me & helped me out with a single wire, while not wrong, was better a a different lug. I need 500 or 1M no-loads, but I'm already 99% back.
          Thanks to all you folks for you interest & undying support & knowledge. Be well everyone••
          Kenny

Comment

NOW,,about that HUMP in the Blender,,, the whole of the effect happens between 8 & 10 on the dial,,, there's no gradual sweep. I thought I had tried a Linear, but I cannot recall, but right now there's audio pots in there. It's not a terrible thing, & it's kinda nice to have the blend just a quick touch away, but how do I get back to a 'normal' sweep?
            What hump?
            thnx all, be well!!

Comment

Working...
            X