Nazgul and Sentient 7 are AMAZING!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nazgul and Sentient 7 are AMAZING!

I really didn't know what to expect when I dropped these in my ESP LTD MH 7. Yeah, I read all about them but I'm totally blown away by these pickups more than any other combo I've tried before! And I have tried many. Outstanding job Seymour Duncan for creating these wonderful crushing pickups! These are staying in my guitar and I have plans picking up the 6 string version for other guitars in my collection very soon!

Who else here enjoys these? And what guitar do you have them in?

Originally posted by UnderTheFlame83 View Post
    I really didn't know what to expect when I dropped these in my ESP LTD MH 7. Yeah, I read all about them but I'm totally blown away by these pickups more than any other combo I've tried before! And I have tried many. Outstanding job Seymour Duncan for creating these wonderful crushing pickups! These are staying in my guitar and I have plans picking up the 6 string version for other guitars in my collection very soon!

Who else here enjoys these? And what guitar do you have them in?
    Word up! I have the 6 string set in a Jackson Pro Series King V. It had a JB/59, but I found the 59 to be too honky, so I got me the Sentient. I actually loved it with the JB, but I stumbled upon a local ad of a mint condition 6 string TB Nazgul for a very good price and I thought why not try the Sentient with the bridge pup it was meant to be paired with so I pulled the trigger. Haven't looked back.

Comment

I have a Nazgul/Sentinet in my Jackson 7 string, honestly the jury is still out on it. Im not sure if its the guitar Im not gelling with, the pickups or what but some sort of that combination just isnt it. Nazgul is kinda nasally sounding and in that guitar the Sentient is just kinda ehhh. Only way I can get a decent tone out of the Nazgul is run it through the Dracarys, otherwise it feels like its just kinda lacking.
      1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
      Jackson Soloist 7 string
      ESP LTD M-400
      Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

This combination is one of the best for people that only play with tons of gain. Happy they work for you!
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          This combination is one of the best for people that only play with tons of gain. Happy they work for you!
          Yeah sounds great with lots of gain, but I think it cleans up nicely when needed, too. My favorite bridge pickup so far. The Distortion is my second favorite.

Comment

I have the Nazgul/Sentient in a six-string Schecter and I love 'em! I agree that the Naz is really a high-gain pup only, unless your cleans are firmly in early Metallica icepick territory. But the Sentient is fully capable of generating lovely, rounded cleans, not pristine, but articulate and resonant.

To me, the Naz has a chug all its own that allows it to punch above its DCR. Some will dislike the upper-mid spike, but it's fine with me. Glad you like your new pups!

Comment

Originally posted by weepingminotaur View Post
              I have the Nazgul/Sentient in a six-string Schecter and I love 'em! I agree that the Naz is really a high-gain pup only, unless your cleans are firmly in early Metallica icepick territory. But the Sentient is fully capable of generating lovely, rounded cleans, not pristine, but articulate and resonant.

To me, the Naz has a chug all its own that allows it to punch above its DCR. Some will dislike the upper-mid spike, but it's fine with me. Glad you like your new pups!
              Yes love them! I haven't been this excited about a combo since I put a set of Blackouts in my RG about 10 years ago!

Comment

Working...
              X