Duality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duality

Not that Im interested in purchasing a Duality pickup, but more curious about the pickup itself and why it really doesnt get much mention on here or anywhere else it seems. Is it really able to combine the best of active and passive pickups? Why doesnt it get mentioned, seems like it would be a really good pickup but Ive been wrong before.
    1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
    Jackson Soloist 7 string
    ESP LTD M-400
    Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

I've used one already installed in a guitar, so I don't know what was in there before. They never got a big push, and as a result, you don't find many with a ton of experience with them on this forum.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

If it's a passive pickup with an active preamp, then you can have the same thing with any pickup and a pa2.

Comment

Originally posted by Top-L View Post
        If it's a passive pickup with an active preamp, then you can have the same thing with any pickup and a pa2.
        If I read it correctly its the other way around, active pickup with passive qualities
        Jackson Soloist 7 string
        ESP LTD M-400

Comment

Here is some more info about the Duality.

Comment

The Duality is really cool, but I feel it could have benefited from some additional tweaking at the factory. They are very clear, but also very bass-heavy pickups. I will say that the "passive-like" response is the best Duncan has pulled off so far.

I believe Ola did a short video with them not too long ago. His comments aren't overly detailed, but he mentions how bass heavy they are and there are some sound clips

I've seen dealers clearing them out for as little as $75/ea, which is a steal. Shame SD didn't put more effort into this one

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
              I've used one already installed in a guitar, so I don't know what was in there before. They never got a big push, and as a result, you don't find many with a ton of experience with them on this forum.
              What were your thoughts on the pickup? Good, bad, ugly, etc.

I think I saw Ola's video but may need to go back and watch it again. For some reason, although I dont necessarily want the pickup, Im intrigued by it.
              Jackson Soloist 7 string
              ESP LTD M-400

Comment

It was a little 'clean and clear' for me, ideally suited to at least some gain all the time. I play mostly clean, and my gain is no more than a TS-type pedal. I like mids, too. So, for me, what I like, it isn't my thing.

Comment

Ok, makes sense.
                  Jackson Soloist 7 string
                  ESP LTD M-400

Comment

Working...
                  X