Original run Brobucker pricing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original run Brobucker pricing

I have an original run Brobucker and a custom shop A2 humbucker that I’m wanting to sell, I’m really bad at pricing things and tend to be too low most of the time. Since I can’t find any prices on Reverb I thought I’d ask here. What would you guys ask for them. I know the Brobucker goes for $160 new from the custom shop, so what’s a good price?
    Hard Rock - gain on 5 - singing about good times.

Heavy Metal - gain on 10 - screaming about something.

---Gearjoneser
    he was trying to convince her to swing.

That's like taking a Ferrari to a mud bog.--Ginormous

You can probably ask for $150 on the forum or say Reverb (5% selling fee btw). From my experience, custom shop usually go for $125 or so used. Your biggest selling points are a quick turnaround (custom shop can vary b/w 4-6 weeks depending on namm. But COVID may delay things more) and it being a first run. If its a double cream Seymour Duncan, you can try to command a premium price for at least $200. Now, will someone buy it? Unlikely, but I almost broke and bought a double cream TB-6 ($200) for my Korina Flying V.

Edit: you can ask more if its MJ or Seymour wound too, but again. Will someone play more? Depends.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Last edited by YeRedHouseOverYonder; 08-11-2020, 04:00 PM.

Comment

The original run was $120 I believe and it was agreed upon at the time that any resell from that run would not be more than what was paid. That’s what I remember anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
        The original run was $120 I believe and it was agreed upon at the time that any resell from that run would not be more than what was paid. That’s what I remember anyway.
        It’s been so long ago that I don’t remember the original pricing. You could be right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---Gearjoneser

Comment

i cant remember what the price was but i do remember the gentlemans agreement to not sell it for more than we paid, plus shipping and fees and stuff. whats the other pup?

Comment

I had MJ wind a custom shop Alnico 2. I think it’s scatterwound, long legs, I forget the output, but it’s higher than normal. It pairs fantastically with the brobucker.

---Gearjoneser

Comment

sweet

Comment

what’s a good price?

Would someone pay $160 for a used one when they can get a new one made by the same person for the same?

Comment

some might, and a new one may not be made by the same person. and if this is double cream, then you may not be able to get that either. love the brobucker!

Comment

Last time I asked for a double cream pickup, I got a no. That was 2-3 years ago. And with COVID impacting CA, who knows at what capacity the Custom Shop is operating at. A custom order maybe delayed weeks. I would pay an upcharge to get the pickup sooner.

Comment

I would think, right now, the Custom Shop is still catching up. The factory is open again, but I am pretty sure it isn't running 100%.
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                        some might, and a new one may not be made by the same person. and if this is double cream, then you may not be able to get that either. love the brobucker!
                        do you remember if the original run was double cream? I know it wasn't black or zebra.

---Gearjoneser

Comment

Originally posted by blindedbysilence View Post

do you remember if the original run was double cream? I know it wasn't black or zebra.
                          The original run was available double cream as long as it had a cover on it. I had one. It had to be requested though otherwise it was zebra or black under the cover.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Mine is covered so I’m guessing it’s the double cream one. I lowered one of the screws and that bobbin is certainly cream.

---Gearjoneser

Comment

If you remove the screws from the baseplate holding the bobbins, you can ID the color of both the slug/screw coils. All you have to do is shine a light to see.

Comment

Working...
                              X