1 Humbucker / 1 Push Pull Volume / Kill Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 Humbucker / 1 Push Pull Volume / Kill Switch

hello all ....see attached diagram ....I'd like to do this set-up for a build in work but I'd like to utilize the push pull as an on-off / kill switch ....can someone give me direction on who to solder that in ?? ....and I'd like the up position of the push pull to be OFF and the down position ON, as I do not want to knock the push pull down while playing and turn off the guitar .....THANK YOU for the assist

Do you want the volume knob to actually work as a volume knob?

You could use the pot for tone control (or something else) and use push/pull for on/off if you are the kind of player who never uses in-between volume.

Comment

yep, I want the Vol to actually work as the Vol ....push pull in up position, kill switch .....push pull in down position, guitar on and volume controlled by the push pull knob .....

Comment

In your diagram, picture the vol with the DPDT push/pull switch on top. Connect the lead from your pup to the left middle lug of the p/p. connect the top left lug (away from the pot) to the input lug of the vol pot. Connect the lower left lug of the p/p (closest to the back of the pot) to the back of the pot.

When the p/p is pushed in, you get the pup connected to the vol pot. When the p/p is pulled up, you get the lead from the pup connected to ground...off...no sound.
        Originally Posted by IanBallard
        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

this is great, thank you !! I'll get the diagram revised and run it by you to make sure I have it correct ....thanks again

Comment

Working...
          X