Cheap Amazon Pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap Amazon Pickups

Anyone tried any of the cheap pickups on Amazon?

I was thinking of picking up a set of Fleor ones to put in a beat up LTD Viper I'm working on and didn't really wanna spend too much money on pickups for it. I may end up selling the guitar when finished. Just wondering how good they are and are they even worth the cost.

How much experience do you have swapping pickups? What do you have to compare them to?

Based on the reviews, they sound like legit pickups. Whether they will work well or be "perfect" in your guitar is unknown. But based on the price, if you just need something to fit in the guitar I'm sure they will be fine. if you are very exacting and have a specific idea of the tone you want, you may not like them.

Comment

Originally posted by Top-L View Post
      How much experience do you have swapping pickups? What do you have to compare them to?

Based on the reviews, they sound like legit pickups. Whether they will work well or be "perfect" in your guitar is unknown. But based on the price, if you just need something to fit in the guitar I'm sure they will be fine. if you are very exacting and have a specific idea of the tone you want, you may not like them.
      Yes I have lot of experience swapping out pickups. The pickups that was in the guitar were ESP Designed LH100. But I no longer have them.

Comment

Originally posted by UnderTheFlame83 View Post

Yes I have lot of experience swapping out pickups. The pickups that was in the guitar were ESP Designed LH100. But I no longer have them.
        If you try them, then you will probably know pretty quickly if you will like them.

I'd order them just so you can tell us how they compare to other pickups.

Your question is like asking us if red is a good color. Yes red is a good color, but I don't know if that's what your painting needs.

Comment

I know sometimes the reviews on Amazon can be deceiving. I bought a nut file awhile back that had positive reviews. Turned out the file was complete garbage. Worst purchase ever.

Comment

Originally posted by UnderTheFlame83 View Post
            Anyone tried any of the cheap pickups on Amazon?

I was thinking of picking up a set of Fleor ones to put in a beat up LTD Viper I'm working on and didn't really wanna spend too much money on pickups for it. I may end up selling the guitar when finished. Just wondering how good they are and are they even worth the cost.
            I have two sets of Fleor strat pickups I haven't used yet. I bought one set and it got lost in shipping so they sent a second set and both ended up arriving late. I bought them because their resistance and construction look a lot like a set of Wilkinson pickups I like and I thought they may have been the same pickups. However, despite being dead ringers for the Wilkinsons and having the same resistance readings their inductance readings are different so they aren't the same.

Comment

This is the set. Look like DiMarzio pickups. But I'm sure they sound nothing alike...

Comment

I got a pair of those Fleor humbuckers, and an $11 "Hotrails". But I haven't installed any of them yet. I suppose I should.

Comment

When you install them, make sure to come back and let us know how they sound.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I haven't purchased any of the cheap humbuckers on amazon, but I have purchased some P-90's. Most of them are ok, but they needed some magnet tweaking, but one of the P-90 sets is actually amazing...best sounding P-90 I've ever owned (and I've got over a dozen guitars with P-90's in them). I really hate to admit this, but those great P-90's have ceramics in them (any who know me know that I really, really don't usually like the sound of ceramic mags).
                    Originally Posted by IanBallard
                    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                      When you install them, make sure to come back and let us know how they sound.
                      I will. I'm particularly interested in the $11 "Hotrails." (They actually called it that.)

Correction: It's $7.74

Last edited by ArtieToo; 08-12-2020, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Get a set of Mighty Mite Motherbuckers. They are great pickups for little $.

Comment

Working...
                        X