X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting old Duncan?Godin FAQ.

That's supposed to be Duncan/Godin.

I was looking through my archives, and found this:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Godin_Duncans.png Views:	0 Size:	5.5 KB ID:	6009127

Jazz II? Custom Custom Custom? A3 maybe? Never heard of a Jazz II.

I am guessing that the bridge is a C5. I don't know what a Jazz II is, however.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Could be. The date stamp on that pic is Jan 2011. I know the C5 was around long before that. So definitely possible. But they make it sound like something unique, rather than a production model.

Comment

I found this on our forum, from Evan Skopp:

The Jazz II was a advertising copy mistake in the Godin FAQs. I think they knew it was the SH-2 and somehow, Jazz and SH-2 got combined into Jazz II. But they're the same pickup.

The "Custom Custom Custom" or "Custom Custom Plus" was the forerunner to the SH-14 Custom 5. Same pickup. Custom or Custom Custom with an Alnico 5 magnet.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Cool. Nice info. Always leave it to Evan to clear things up. I miss him around here.

On a side note, the C5/59 was the first Duncan pickups recommended to me in this forum over 20 years ago. But a 59 can lean towards a little muddy in the neck. The C5/Jazz could be a perfect solution to that classic pairing.
          Last edited by ArtieToo; 08-13-2020, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X