No announcement yet.

Seymour Duncan custom custom vs EVH Frankenstein pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Van Halen wasn’t using a Floyd rose on Van Halen 1 first album the Ibanez Destroyer was used in of the non term songs which were full and not thin sounding ,Floyd rose tend to be bright to begin with

Comment

Originally posted by pittbull View Post
      I like more output the 78 doesn’t seem to have it
      The '78 is a prime example of why you can't go by the DC resistance for output. It's probably one of the louder pickups out there.
      Nope...

Comment

Originally posted by pittbull View Post
        Van Halen wasn’t using a Floyd rose on Van Halen 1 first album the Ibanez Destroyer was used in of the non term songs which were full and not thin sounding ,Floyd rose tend to be bright to begin with
        To be honest, I think the biggest problem with current Floyd Roses versus the ones that Ed had on his guitars are that the current ones come with that small block. It's nickel plated brass (unless you get a Special, then it's zinc) but the lack of mass actually makes a big difference. I've been swapping all my blocks for the big brass blocks and it makes a noticeable difference in tone and sustain, even unplugged. On one of my guitars (my orange Strat) my wife even noticed the difference when unplugged, complaining that it was a little louder. LOL
        Nope...

Comment

PB, how are you still chasing this? My god, man...

BTW, did you ever try a Super D after all that chatter?

Comment

Masta C is that all you do is follow me when I post something,this forum is about questions/answers/and shooting the ****,your like a stalker

Comment

knock it off guys

Comment

Knock it off guys Masta C does this all the time this is crazy

Comment

No, Masta' C posts a variety of quality posts and provides a LOT of assistance to those who come here with real questions. Hence 10X the post count of the OP.

I admit that I made the mistake of clicking on this thread due to its alluring title (of which I thought I could be of assistance) and perusing it before I realized who started it. It wasn't until I saw the same arguments surfacing about "first album tone" at the top of the second page that a flag went off and I realized the internet's biggest EVH troll had reared its ugly head once again.

Don't worry, I will kindly see myself out of the discussion. There's no hope for this individual. His search for tone isn't a search at all, just a pattern of disappearing for months and reappearing with pseudo-questions designed to lure people into arguing with him for his quarterly EVH jollies. He has no intention of trying any of the pickups he ever talks about and will tell you how much he knows about pickups you've actually tried based on "clips" he's heard when your experience doesn't agree with his perceptions.

Good luck with this one guys.

Peace.

Comment

OK, my 2 cents on this subject, other than the Duncans mentioned, a Gibson '57 Classic Plus has plenty of output and fits in that overwound A2 PAF category perfectly (speaking from experience). Don't forget that a lot of the secret comes from the amp, speaker, how it's dialed in and capturing the vibe with how the songs are played <--- key point missed by many. Chase the tone all day long but in the end, it may be like a dog chasing its tail. You think you got it and it slips away, round and round again. Have fun.

Comment

Masta C you call me a troll for asking questions I like how you switch things around to make look like me there’s many other sites that I belong to and you follow me from site to site and other forum members see it. This is a site to ask questions. WOW UNREAL.

Comment

Working...
                      X