No announcement yet.

Two humbuckers and a standard 5 way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes. Around here somewhere, in my archives. If I can't find it, I'll draw up a new one. The actual wiring is surprisingly simple if you use my unique technique for wiring a Superswitch.
    You've got to give me just a bit of time though. I'm swamped in customer projects right now. I'm back-to-back with my work bench now. I post. Then I solder a couple wires. Then I post.

Comment

Originally posted by Top-L View Post
      What is the best wiring you can do with this?
      I should have asked, instead of assume: will this be a 1 vol / 1 tone guitar?

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
        What he said. But if you're stuck with a standard 5-way, this is a good one:

Click image for larger version  Name:	2H_5WSPL_1V_1T.jpg Views:	0 Size:	49.1 KB ID:	6009507
        Most people would prefer Neck Coilsplit Alone vs Bridge Split Alone, so I created a modification of that diagram a few months ago that does that.

Also, the original SD diagram has an error in how the cap is wired to the tone pot. My version corrects for that problem.

Last edited by Jack_TriPpEr; 08-14-2020, 03:04 PM.
        Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

Yup. Nice catch. That tone control won't do much. I hope someone posted this in the "bad diagrams" thread.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
            Yup. Nice catch. That tone control won't do much. I hope someone posted this in the "bad diagrams" thread.
            Yes, i posted it to that thread. It's the 1st reply.
            Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

Working...
            X