No announcement yet.

Has anyone mag-swapped a 59 Hybrid pup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It worked for me along with two APS singles in one of my strats. I ended up going to a custom custom for more thickness

Comment

I am a big fan of the 59/C, however I think an A2 will give it a lot of midrange on a humbucker that already has a lot of midrange.

I like the stock mag and that version lived for a long time in a Les Paul. I recently wanted something that worked in my SG, that with an A8 magnet sounds massive.
      The A8 helps the bass response considerably and some of the highs seem rounded off slightly.

Comment

Alnico IV and III are my favs. With a IV, it's sweet but open and it takes high gain very well. With a III, it's a bit more chewy in the mids, less output but that makes it tighter too. It sings so well with a III.

As an aside... a JB with an A4 is so, so tasty. It became one of my favorites, fast.

Comment

I can see now, I shoulda bought a few extra mags when I made my last Addiction FX order.

Comment

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
            I had A3 in my neck Seth/Ant hybrid in my Strat Paul but it was a bit too fat so I went to UOA5. Really like UOA5 in the neck for rock/bluez. It thins it out, keeps the top of A5 but adds some chewyness.
            It's true that the UOA5 will add more highs than the A3 but NOT as much as the A5. The UOA5 has a softer/rounder high end than the A5. It's really a good magnet choice when you just want to smooth out the sharpness of an A5 a tiny bit without getting dramatic (like going from an A5 all the way to an A2).
            Originally Posted by IanBallard
            Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

I have A4 in mine, as well as the 59n. My LP is one of the "mostly hollow" ones from the 2000s, and it is on the bright side. Anything with an A5 magnet tends to need the highs toned down. In another guitar I might have left it stock.

Comment

Working...
              X