banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will a Trembucker cover fit on a Strat single coil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will a Trembucker cover fit on a Strat single coil?

I couldn’t find an answer to this online. I know the bobbin length, width, and pole spacing are the same between a traditional Strat single coil and a Duncan trembucker bobbin (right?). So, a metal Trembucker cover would fit perfectly on top of a Strat single coil, right? I’m wanting to hide an SSL2 in the neck position and an SSL6 in the bridge position of a dual humbucker project guitar. I know I need to do a little routing to fit the width, but, this would work, right?

I'm doubtful. But I don't know for sure - it might. Now I'm curious.

Please let us know if it works out for you.
    "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Dimensions are published on the Duncan Website.

Theoretically it’s supposed to be the same. But Duncan T spacing is 52.6 mm, which doesn’t neatly convert to a commonly used fractional measurement in inches (how Strat pickups were probably originally designed). In other words, it might be the same within the Duncan company, but you might not fit when mixing brands.
      Last edited by ItsaBass; 08-16-2020, 02:17 AM.
      Originally posted by LesStrat
      Yogi Berra was correct.
      Originally posted by JOLLY
      I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

It could probably fit in the case close enough (you may need to enlarge the holes slightly) but you'll definitely need some routing in your guitar to fit the trembucker size covers.
        Originally Posted by IanBallard
        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Why not just one of these first before cutting wood?

Or some P90 in HB size? I think DiMarzio makes some Staked P90s in a HB size.
          Who took my guitar?

Comment

Originally posted by IMENATOR View Post
            Why not just one of these first before cutting wood?

Or some P90 in HB size? I think DiMarzio makes some Staked P90s in a HB size.
            You must have missed the part about him wanting an SSL-2 in the neck (not a P-90) so your suggestion is right on about the mounting ring...unless he just wants the look of a covered humbucker with the sound and performance of the SSL-2. I, personally, prefer your suggestion of the P-90, but that doesn't seem what the OP wants.
            Originally Posted by IanBallard
            Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
            X