TASCAM MODEL 16 or PRESONUS AR16c

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TASCAM MODEL 16 or PRESONUS AR16c

Hi all, & hoping all is well. Not quite about pickups, but there's nowhere else to go...
    Well, PreSonus now has their StudioLive AR16c, & has 2 extra tracks to record to, but no tweakable FX section, & no Compressor on each I/O,,, but the Tascam Model 16 has only 14 recordable tracks, but, tweakable FX, Comp.... both similarly priced. I do not have a PC, nor do I intend to.

Again, no PC,,, I know, I'm thinking old school, but I gotta keep my load small, & I'd rather lay down some tracks over the next 6 months than learn software & interfaces,,, I s'pose I'm setting myself up for a bit of a challange, but once upon a time, I'd make & mix 4-trk cassettes that sounded like 8,, 8 tracks that sounded like 12 or 16, then I had a 1" 16 trk, then it was off to the races with 2 Alesis HD24XR's & my 32 ch. board. It's all gone & now I have a burning desire to do my band's songs, among others before I kick and/or my fingers no longer work, & my brain can no longer call the shots,,,, I'll be a jack of all trades, but master of ONE,,, just one. Keep it easy, simple, soulful, & in time, if I choose to add on, I'll get a PC, but not now.
    Any thoughts, or blessings?

Many thanks & be well....

Originally posted by zozoe View Post
    Hi all, & hoping all is well. Not quite about pickups, but there's nowhere else to go...
    Well, PreSonus now has their StudioLive AR16c, & has 2 extra tracks to record to, but no tweakable FX section, & no Compressor on each I/O,,, but the Tascam Model 16 has only 14 recordable tracks, but, tweakable FX, Comp.... both similarly priced. I do not have a PC, nor do I intend to.

Again, no PC,,, I know, I'm thinking old school, but I gotta keep my load small, & I'd rather lay down some tracks over the next 6 months than learn software & interfaces,,, I s'pose I'm setting myself up for a bit of a challange, but once upon a time, I'd make & mix 4-trk cassettes that sounded like 8,, 8 tracks that sounded like 12 or 16, then I had a 1" 16 trk, then it was off to the races with 2 Alesis HD24XR's & my 32 ch. board. It's all gone & now I have a burning desire to do my band's songs, among others before I kick and/or my fingers no longer work, & my brain can no longer call the shots,,,, I'll be a jack of all trades, but master of ONE,,, just one. Keep it easy, simple, soulful, & in time, if I choose to add on, I'll get a PC, but not now.
    Any thoughts, or blessings?

Many thanks & be well....
    I dont think that Tascam Model 16 does exactly what you think. Its just a simple way to record a bands live mix to an SD card. IT has some overdub, but its really an analog front mixer with computer USB integration.

Check out the portastudio 24 for something what will let you record an entire album without a computer.
    https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...al-portastudio

Comment

Thnx,,, isn't the Tascam 16 meant for home recording as well as live stuff? Am I wrong? From everything I've read & seen, this is a personal home recorder.. all in one...!!??
      Am that right?

Comment

rtfm?

Comment

I have a tascam 788 porta studio that can do everything from recording to mastering.
          You can auto punch and repeat a section over and over (for 256 takes if necessary) and then pick the best take.

Mine is mint

You can find them for about 150 to 250 bucks

They made a 16 track version too.

Comment

Working...
          X