Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson JS-32 King V Pickups

First post!!
    I'm considering a new bridge pickup for my JS-32 King V. I'm trying to decide between a JB, Duncan Distortion, and an Invader. They're pretty hot for stock pickups, I even saw one YouTube video where a guy said they had the same output as Invaders. I recently bought a Jackson Monarkh Pro with Blackouts installed from the factory. The Blackouts blow the stock Jacksons out of the water but they're active.
    If the stock jacksons supposedly have the same output as invaders, will I even notice a difference?

Welcome to the forum!

A pickup's tone is a lot more than the output. The biggest difference between the 3 you mentioned is the EQ: JB is a lot of mids, Distortion is treble and tight bass, and an Invader is almost all mids. All of them have a lot of output. The biggest decision is deciding on what EQ you want or your guitar needs.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Welcome to the site. Of those 3, Id go Distortion hands down. Ive tried the Invader, ehhhh and JB has that big upper mid hump thats not pleasing to my ears. I have a DD in one guitar now and had one in another guitar yrs ago and loved it. So far its been my fave pickup Ive tried.
      1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
      Jackson Soloist 7 string
      ESP LTD M-400
      Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

Okay, sounds like a Duncan Distortion Trembucker Zebra is what I'm looking for. Thanks for the suggestions and feedback.

Last edited by Mad Max; 08-18-2020, 08:29 AM.

Comment

If your current pickups are black/white zebra and you're trying to match them, be careful when ordering "zebra" as the standard is black/cream, not black/white.

If you can't find what you need, find BanjoMikez on eBay, he'll order one. So can companies like Sweetwater, etc.

Comment

Can Seymour Duncan make a black/creme now?

Comment

What? They have always made black/cream. Only double-cream was an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post
                If your current pickups are black/white zebra and you're trying to match them, be careful when ordering "zebra" as the standard is black/cream, not black/white.

If you can't find what you need, find BanjoMikez on eBay, he'll order one. So can companies like Sweetwater, etc.
                So I basically need the pickup out of this guitar. Do I just call the sales rep that I normally deal with at Sweetwater?

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Comment

From the photo that doesn't look like black and cream on the pickups. That looks like black and white.
                  Which should be no problem for the Custom shop. Possibly even a shop floor custom.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                    From the photo that doesn't look like black and cream on the pickups. That looks like black and white.
                    Which should be no problem for the Custom shop. Possibly even a shop floor custom.

This the guitar I have. Im looking for black and white not black and cream. What does the "Custom Shop" version of this pickup run?

Comment

Not sure, but it shouldn't be a full price custom pickup. A Black and White Distortion Trembucker should be a Shop Floor Custom?
                      Can anyone help us out?

Comment

You want "Shop Floor Custom", not Custom Shop. It's a very small upcharge for the color change. Contact Sweetwater or BanjoMikez on eBay like I said. They'll take care of you

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                          Not sure, but it shouldn't be a full price custom pickup. A Black and White Distortion Trembucker should be a Shop Floor Custom?
                          Can anyone help us out?

definitely a SFC

Do you need something just a little bit special from your pickup but not anything that requires the full Seymour Duncan Custom Shop treatment? If so, there are plenty of little customisations that you can request when you order a regular pickup through your preferred dealer. Called Shop Floor Custom, this service lets you tweak various aspects of your pickup order and we'll make it on the regular shop floor, just for you, alongside our regular production pickups. It's a handy alternative if you want something a little unique but your budget doesn't stretch to 'Custom Shop.'
                          Quality riffs in about a minute...
                          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post
                            You want "Shop Floor Custom", not Custom Shop. It's a very small upcharge for the color change. Contact Sweetwater or BanjoMikez on eBay like I said. They'll take care of you
                            Like I said in a different post, aixelsyd.

Comment

I bought "apple green" or whatever the heck color that '80s green is from some ebay seller a few years ago. Same price, i think that you just have to either buy from a seller who has a stock of that particular color, or direct from Duncan. price isn't even any higher, i think, just the wait time by a negligible amount. Black and white (not creme) I'd think should be easy enough.

Here's the real question: there's zebra and reverse zebra. Which one is it that has the screw white and the slug black?

Comment

Working...
                              X