Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hsb
    replied
    Welcome to the site. Of those 3, Id go Distortion hands down. Ive tried the Invader, ehhhh and JB has that big upper mid hump thats not pleasing to my ears. I have a DD in one guitar now and had one in another guitar yrs ago and loved it. So far its been my fave pickup Ive tried.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied
    Welcome to the forum!

A pickup's tone is a lot more than the output. The biggest difference between the 3 you mentioned is the EQ: JB is a lot of mids, Distortion is treble and tight bass, and an Invader is almost all mids. All of them have a lot of output. The biggest decision is deciding on what EQ you want or your guitar needs.

Leave a comment:

• Mad Max
    started a topic Jackson JS-32 King V Pickups

Jackson JS-32 King V Pickups

First post!!
    I'm considering a new bridge pickup for my JS-32 King V. I'm trying to decide between a JB, Duncan Distortion, and an Invader. They're pretty hot for stock pickups, I even saw one YouTube video where a guy said they had the same output as Invaders. I recently bought a Jackson Monarkh Pro with Blackouts installed from the factory. The Blackouts blow the stock Jacksons out of the water but they're active.
    If the stock jacksons supposedly have the same output as invaders, will I even notice a difference?

Working...
X