banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introducing the new Brad Paisley Secret Agent Esquire Neck Pickup!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI...Sweetwater has one in stock!

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...t-agent-pickup

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post
      No they don't. I just bought it and cancelled my order with the Custom Shop. Thanks for the tip!
      Last edited by Lewguitar; 09-05-2020, 06:08 AM.
      “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

Originally posted by Lewguitar View Post

No they don't. I just bought it and cancelled my order with the Custom Shop. Thanks for the tip!
        Same price too.

Just got the confirmation that the Duncan Custom Shop received my cancellation although it was a form message probably not sent by a human. So I'll call on Monday as well.

The message also said they are NOT accepting any one of a kind pickup orders for the time being, due to being understaffed because of safety precautions due to to COVID 19.

Anyway, now I'm really jazzed. This baby ought to arrive next week!

Comment

The Secret Agent has arrived! It'll be going in my '54 Esquire. I do have the original white Esquire pickguard with no cut out for a neck pickup. Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail (2).jpg
Views:	147
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	6016223Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail (4).jpg
Views:	136
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	6016224

Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	6016222

Comment

I wanna see it installed before the pickguard goes on!
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
              I wanna see it installed before the pickguard goes on!
              Will do. I'll post some pics.

Comment

Haven't installed it yet but I will today.

As I originally thought, it's larger than a traditional Tele neck pickup.

I'm putting it in my '54 Esquire, but I took some photos of it slid under the strings of my Strat just to show how it compares in size to a Stratocaster pickup.

It's slightly larger than a standard Strat pickup, and much larger than a standard Tele neck pickup!

So it does take up the entire rout under the pickguard as I suspected it would.

That's why there's no room for screws to hold it in place.

It uses a 1/2" x 2 3/8" ceramic magnet on its edge.

DCR is 11.06K

The pickup comes with two 1/2" x 3" dense foam strips with adhesive on one side.

One strip is 1/4" thick and the other is 3/8" thick.

It would appear that depending on the depth of the neck pickup rout of your guitar that you use one strip or the other under the pickup so it's pressed tightly against the underside of the pickguard.

Here's some pics of the pickup. I'm going to put this in my Esquire but I'm showing it next to a Strat pickup so you can see that the Secret Agent is slightly wider than a Strat pickup, and much wider than a normal Tele neck pickup.

I'm excited! This is exactly what I pictured and what I hoped for. And MJ signed the box. Hope she wound the pickup too because every pickup I've gotten from her sounds GREAT!

Click image for larger version  Name:	thumbnail (7).jpg Views:	0 Size:	26.1 KB ID:	6016339Click image for larger version  Name:	thumbnail (8).jpg Views:	0 Size:	28.0 KB ID:	6016340

Click image for larger version  Name:	thumbnail (9).jpg Views:	0 Size:	31.6 KB ID:	6016341

Last edited by Lewguitar; 09-12-2020, 04:56 AM.

Comment

I love the packaging.
                  But what a fat little pickup! I didn't get a sense of the size from the video.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                    I love the packaging.
                    My initial impression was that it was a big pickup. Jason in the Custom Shop had not seen it though and sort of got me thinking it was the same size as a Tele neck pickup. Instead, it's more similar to the size of a Tele bridge pickup! Fine with me. Gives me the feeling it's going to sound really good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                      I love the packaging.
                      Actually, it is EXACTLY the same size as a Tele BRIDGE pickup!

Comment

• Wow. That's a fat little sucker. Can't wait for your review.

Comment

• That's what I was saying all along...it's just a modified hot stack Tele bobbin, like the Slug, El Diablo, Silverbird, etc.

I love the concept, hope it sounds great!

Cool packaging, too

Comment

• Get that thing installed and post a clip!

Comment

Working...
                            X