Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring Humbucker - True Single Coil - Stacked Plus

Hello everyone,

i recently purchased a SD STK S4 again and i´m struggling connecting it with my other pick ups.

I want to have this set up:

Position 1: Bridge
    2: Bridge (split) + Middle
    3: Middle
    4: Middle + Neck(split)
    5: Neck

During my lifetime i changed the pickups of my favorite guitar quite often, and still i don´t know anything about wiring at all. I always used your idiot friendly diagrams at your website.

I looked at this one on your site. I also tried my best paint skills to recreate my current how far i am right now. I dont know what to do next. Where to connect my middle pick up?
    Last edited by Adrian P.; 08-21-2020, 12:11 AM.

Doing good so far. Just continue to follow the diagram as you've been doing.
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

I wouldn't bother splitting the STK S4.

Doesn't sound much different except for the added hum.

Not the same as splitting a full sized humbucker.
      “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

Splitting the STK-S4 is worth it only if you are using it with another single coil in a way that it cancels hum. You need a rw/rp STK-S4 split with a regular single to cancel hum, otherwise, it isn't worth splitting.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

ähm yeah thanks...

if hum wouldn´t bother me, i wouldn´t spend my money on noise free single coils. So a splitted STK S4 and a true reverse middle pickup will not cancel hum?

Comment

It should. One of them has to be rw/rp.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Assuming one of them is not in your guitar yet, press the polepieces of your middle pickup against the polepieces of the STK-S4 and see if they stick or repel.

If they stick there's a good chance they'll hum cancel when combined.

One also has to be reverse wound (relative to the other one) as well.

So one has to be the opposite polarity (the magnet test) and also reverse wound to hum cancel.
              “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

Working...
              X