Blackout Modular Preamp Shootout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackout Modular Preamp Shootout?

Did anyone ever do a Blackout demo where they tried it with multiple pickups to see the transformation?

I don't think any demos have been posted, but people did try other pickups with the preamp. A couple things I remember were that lower output pickups performed best (which makes sense given what the Gus G. pickups and individual Blackouts "Coil Packs" spec'd at) and that the preamp colored the sound heavily.

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post
      I don't think any demos have been posted, but people did try other pickups with the preamp. A couple things I remember were that lower output pickups performed best (which makes sense given what the Gus G. pickups and individual Blackouts "Coil Packs" spec'd at) and that the preamp colored the sound heavily.
      I will never understand SD's marketing dept. The R&D team will develop something and they half-heartedly introduce something at NAMM and then do ZERO DEMO's of the product.

Comment

Marketing is probably SD's worst attribute. They're great at announcing things, but follow-up is terrible. Look at how many people pop in here to ask about the Duality series, which could have been a potential successor to the Blackouts. SD was like "hey, check these out!" and then went silent and left players wondering what they were about. Same goes with most of their stuff that isn't artist endorsed.

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post
          Marketing is probably SD's worst attribute. They're great at announcing things, but follow-up is terrible. Look at how many people pop in here to ask about the Duality series, which could have been a potential successor to the Blackouts. SD was like "hey, check these out!" and then went silent and left players wondering what they were about. Same goes with most of their stuff that isn't artist endorsed.
          Product failures really shouldn't happen if you're doing thorough product testing. If there's something inherently wrong with a product they should be able to reveal that in testing before they commit to production. With SD it just seems that they design something announce it and then don't know how to market it.

Comment

Working...
          X