Split to screw coil confirmation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Split to screw coil confirmation

I want to split the WLH neck I just received to the screw coil in position 2. I have a 5-way superswitch from Stew Mac to do it, the one with all the tabs in line.

In this thread, the last post mentions putting the black and green together, put them on the tab where red/white would go, red would be hot and white would be ground.

Would this keep both humbuckers in phase with one another when on together in position 3 (both full humbucker mode)? If not, what is the best way to do this?

I want to split to the screw coil on the neck pickup because it is closest to the position of a Strat neck pickup.

The bridge will be wired as normal (black to hot, green to ground, etc.) so it splits to the slug coil in position 4.
    Last edited by ErikH; 08-28-2020, 06:33 AM.

I can't read the link, but grounding the black and green, with red to the switch will do what you asked and keep both pickups in phase with each other.

Comment

Not sure what happened with that link. I copied it from the address bar even. Oh well.

Thanks for the confirmation.

EDIT: Fixed the link. For whatever reason, a dash was missing in the the-pickup-lounge part of the address.
      Last edited by ErikH; 08-28-2020, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Yup. I have a Les Paul Traditional Pro with push-pull on both pickups to split them. I need two guitars with that capability with current gig I’m in. May make it three. Just need another super switch for it.

Comment

Working...
        X