Neck pickup in poplar Jackson to match X2N

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck pickup in poplar Jackson to match X2N

Looking for a neck pickup to match the DiMarzio X2N in a poplar Jackson JS11 with 3 way switch. Be using the neck for most the cleans, but also will use the middle postion occasionally. Not looking to use the neck distorted, just for cleans. Any pickups that can match evenly to the X2N without massive volume drop? I read a D Activator X would be a great choice but not sure. Any suggestions?

I recently played a mahogony neck thru with a super distortion in neck. There was a d activator x in the bridge. About same output as x2n.

It was a great combination. At least for distortion.

I would get a super distortion and wire it for coil tap for cleans. Get a push pull volume knob to split it.

​​​​

Comment

I use a D-Activator neck with an X2N in my Ibanez V-Blade. Not the X model, just the regular one. They seem to pair just fine.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
        I use a D-Activator neck with an X2N in my Ibanez V-Blade. Not the X model, just the regular one. They seem to pair just fine.

I had a Schecter 7 string that had a D Activator in the neck once and sounded great clean but the guitar was basswood and not poplar. Haven't tried them in poplar before. I do love the X2N though and D Activator both. The X2N definitely brought my cheap Jackson to life.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that my Ibanez is mahogany and it's neck through.

Comment

If cleans were my primary concern I would go paf-pro. I like alnicos better for cleans-only usage, and for blending with ceramic bridges on cleans or leads.
            If shred leads on the neck to match well with x2n in the maple/poplar I would go d'aXneck or super2..

In basswood or mahogany probably would start with an evo or liquifier neck for overall,,,,,,but maybe a super2 if neck shred was my priority.

Comment

Working...
            X