Lead Wire Extension/Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lead Wire Extension/Replacement

Can I still send it in to SD for this? If so who do I contact and such? Couldn't find it on the site anymore. It's for this old '59:

You definitely can. It's been awhile since I've done it, but I think I just used their normal email addy. And IIRC, it's the same cost to have it upgraded to 4-c for more wiring options.

Here, I think: [email protected]
    Last edited by ArtieToo; 08-30-2020, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
      You definitely can. It's been awhile since I've done it, but I think I just used their normal email addy. And IIRC, it's the same cost to have it upgraded to 4-c for more wiring options.

Here, I think: [email protected]
      Great, thanks. I'll probably go with the old braided stuff though since it's just going in a single pickup guitar with one knob. I could do a push-pull for a coil split maybe but not really interested.

Comment

Well I guess it'll have to wait.

"We are not taking any Custom Shop orders for repairs or new pickup builds until further notice." was part of the autoreply I got back.

Comment

Ask Vaughn Skow from Nashville. He is nice guy and Winds great pickups.
          I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Yeah, the Custom Shop is really backed up, so that makes sense. Hopefully they will be fully open and accepting new orders & repairs soon.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

If you just need the wire longer, why not just add some wire yourself? It's pretty simple. Will take about a minute and a half and cost zero.
              Originally Posted by IanBallard
              Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
                If you just need the wire longer, why not just add some wire yourself? It's pretty simple. Will take about a minute and a half and cost zero.
                I've actually had a bit soldered on for awhile now but I'd like to get it redone with braided from the coils or at least a better splicing job than what I did. It's going into a different guitar and I just figured it was a good time to try. Sending it back to where it was born for the work seems like it would be fitting as well.

Comment

It's still a pretty simple task to remove the existing wire and totally replace it with new wire.
                  Originally Posted by IanBallard
                  Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
                  X