banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've given the Brad Paisley Secret Agent Esquire neck pickup a lot of listening...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've given the Brad Paisley Secret Agent Esquire neck pickup a lot of listening...

And I just ordered one!

Soon as it arrives I'll install it in my '54 Esquire and give it a whirl.

“Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

It'll be going in this guitar:

Comment

Sweet! Waiting with bated breath.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
        Sweet! Waiting with bated breath.
        Gonna be about three weeks.

They said I could have it any color...as long as it was BLACK!

Kinda like a Ford Model T, which is the way I see Teles and Esquires anyway.

Comment

The first time I saw an Esquire, I assumed it had a pickup underneath the guard.
          “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
            The first time I saw an Esquire, I assumed it had a pickup underneath the guard.
            I never thought that, but I did wonder why anyone would want a guitar with two super bright tones and one that sounded like a fog horn! lol.

Comment

Got the confirmation in my email this morning. Could be six weeks! Bummer. I want to start playing this guitar again but there's no point in stringing it up if I'm going to have to tear it all down again. Oh well. It'll make a nice birthday gift to myself. Birthday is in exactly six weeks.

Comment

Hopefully it won't take 6 weeks. Make sure you let us know when it shows up.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Lewguitar View Post
                  They said I could have it any color...as long as it was BLACK!
                  Well, it will be hidden under the pckguard.

On the other hand, it is kind of a shame that they didn't whip up a batch to have on hand for a new product launch. Seems odd.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                    Hopefully it won't take 6 weeks. Make sure you let us know when it shows up.
                    You know I will.

The problem I've had with all of the Tele neck pickups I've tried is that they sound slightly dull. The Fralin Blues Special and Duncan CS were the best but I would have liked a bit more of a Stratty sparkle from them.

The exception was the Joe Barden, but that was too bright and steely for my tastes.

I think Danny Gatton sometimes sounded too bright and steely as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewguitar View Post

The problem I've had with all of the Tele neck pickups I've tried is that they sound slightly dull. The Fralin Blues Special and Duncan CS were the best but I would have liked a bit more of a Stratty sparkle from them.
                      That's why Teles should have Strat neck pickups in them

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post

That's why Teles should have Strat neck pickups in them
                        Well, if they'd existed in 1950 Leo probably would have used one.

My other Tele DOES have a Strat neck pickup.

Comment

Yeah, but it's kind of crazy that he didn't start using them upon the introduction of the Strat in 1954. "Tradition" wasn't really a thing yet...it had only been 4 years since the Esquire was introduced and Fender was trying all sorts of new things.

Comment

Epic playing! Cool idea too. That's gonna be a fun pickup.
                            The things that you wanted
                            I bought them for you

Comment

Working...
                            X