banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sourcing double thick magnets in the U.S.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sourcing double thick magnets in the U.S.?

So I've gotten curious about trying a double thick magnet: I see Cermag sells them, but they charge 15eur for shipping and I'd rather not pay that on handful of bars. Are there any sellers in the U.S.? Or any users with a stash willing to part with a couple?

Search around, someone on this forum was offering them just a couple weeks ago but I don't remember who.

Comment

Clint 55 partakes in the doubles. He might have some.

Comment

Hi, I can make you double thick magnets. The problem is, I bond 2 together so the price would be about the same as cermag. I went over pricing for an average order of 2 double thick A2s and it would be $27.79 Us total for cermag, and it would cost me $23 to get that order to you @ 4.25 per mag from add fx plus $4 for first class mail from usps - who lost my last mag order that I sent out lol. So I might use ups which would be more expensive.

So yeah I can do it, but it wouldn't be much cheaper, about the same give or take. The advantage would be I can get them to you faster - about a week compared to about a month from England, and I can make you hybrids.

Edit: I have A2/A8, A5/A8, A6/A8, 2 double RCUOA5s, and RCUOA5/RCA6 that I don't need and I can send out for shipping if anyone wants them.
        Last edited by Clint 55; 09-11-2020, 06:22 AM.
        The things that you wanted
        I bought them for you

Comment

Thanks guys! I may hold off on trying the double thicks. I'm pretty happy with my tone right now, just curious. For reference I'm using a Seth Lover neck with an A4 mag and a Vineham Brown Noser (9k potted slightly hot paf type) with and A8 mag.

Comment

Is there some special sauce or arcane Tibetan lore involved in supergluing two magnets together? Have at it, OP.

Comment

^ The forum would make it seem as if there were.
              I bought them for you

Comment

Wait, so can I just glue two mags together? For some reason I was under the impression that there was remagnetizing or something like that involved.

Comment

Yeah, you just glue em together and then remagnetize them. That's it.
                  I bought them for you

Comment

Working...
                  X