banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man, I wish this Custom Shop pickup was a production model....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are a few that occur to me but the custom shop page isn't working properly for me so I can't check if they're listed.

Antiquity Texas Hot set
    Antiquity JB
    Maybe pearly gates plus

...and I doubt the following pickups are:
    - 59A4
    - Tb-55 with 4 wire and uncovered available
    - Hybrid 59/jazz neck as a set combined with the hybrid bridge.

I'm guessing most of them would be reasonably popular too.

Comment

... actually probably all of the Ant pickups should be in this category

Comment

Or, maybe a simplified version of the Antiquities without the aging. Call them "Contemporary Antiquites".
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          Or, maybe a simplified version of the Antiquities without the aging. Call them "Contemporary Antiquites".
          They did have those and they were called "retrospec'd", but I can't find anything about them on the site now.

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post

They did have those and they were called "retrospec'd", but I can't find anything about them on the site now.
            Yeah, not too long ago, either. I don't know what happened to them.
            Also, the 51 P-Bass Stack gets a ton of love on the TalkBass forum. I bet they wouldn't mind if there was a version that could be a production pickup.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

You can, or used to be able to get a Shop Floor Custom as "Worn" with a lightly aged cover and darkened, aged filisters.

Last edited by beaubrummels; 09-19-2020, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                Actually at one point a few years back was interested in an Ant P-90 neck with a non-aged cover (in general I don't see the point in "aged" stuff and in a relatively new guitar with new pickups it really would be stupid) but would have been prohibitively expensive.

Comment

Working...
                X