SM-2 mini humbucker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SM-2 mini humbucker

Interested in this pickup, but I can’t find any audio or video samples demoing it anywhere. Can someone guide me to a sample clip or video?

I'm curious about this too. I've heard the SM-1, and immediately bought one. But I don't think I've ever heard the SM-2.

Oops. I take that back. I don't have the "1". I have the SM-3.
    Last edited by ArtieToo; 09-12-2020, 11:54 AM.

Comment

the 2 is more aggressive than the 1 or 3, especially in the bridge. dont have any sound samples though

Comment

If anyone here owns one, can you post some samples? I hate to think that there isn't any real-world clips out there.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Would be cool if someone that owned one uploaded a short YouTube clip

Comment

I found one clip on Youtube quickly of the SM-2 in the bridge and SM-3 in the neck (I think)

1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
            Jackson Soloist 7 string
            ESP LTD M-400
            Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

What a horrible demo of the mini's. They are so processed with reverb and chorus that you can't hear the real sound of either of the pups.

I hate when people do vids to demo a pup and then out of fear that they may not sound like competent guitarists they add lots of processing. So much so that the actual pup demo is useless.
              Originally Posted by IanBallard
              Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

I agree if you are making a pickup demo, the reverb should be off

Comment

Working...
                X