banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you mind double checking this diagram for me please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you mind double checking this diagram for me please?

Volume / tone (treble roll off) / bass roll off / phase switch / stereo switch
    This is the most unfamiliar wiring job I will have done. When I have it sorted out, I'll be using it on my 3 guitars with standard Gibson style toggle / 4 knobs - An SG Faded, Hamer Echotone (335 copy, so may skip the p/p phase switch since the p/p pot may not even fit) an an Epi 339 which has control panel access in the back.

There are no series / parallel / split options as I'll be using Triple shots on the humbucker guitar, and the other two have p90 style pickups.

The phase switch is the p/p dpdt on the volume pot, which isn't made clear in the diagram. The 1 meg pots are reverse audio taper.

I know this is kind of overkill, but I'm doing it for fun as much as anything else.

Does anyone see any problems? Any input would be appreciated.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20200913_050740.png
Views:	136
Size:	258.4 KB
ID:	6016549 as used in G&L PTB circuits.

You have the switch ground going to the tone controls and the pickup hots going directly to ground off the switch.

Comment

Dang, not sure how I missed something so obvious. Thanks.

Comment

Before you put this in those three guitars, I'd try it in one guitar first and see how you like it.
        Originally Posted by IanBallard
        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
        X