banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PRS Dragon II's with Super switch and single volume and tone...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRS Dragon II's with Super switch and single volume and tone...

I am struggling figuring out the wiring of PRS Dragon II's into my strat. I have a non PRS Super switch so it has 5 lugs. Single tone and volume.Was wondering does anyone know a good diagram I can use?

I want.. POS 1... Bridge, POS 2... outside coils, POS 3... bridge and neck humbuckers, POS 4... inside coils, and POS 5... Neck.
    the Fender Blacktop wiring?

Everything I see online is for the 4 lug PRS switch and when I use more generic diagrams I am not sure which are my north and south poles or start/finish.

Neck pickup is White = +, Red is the taps, and Black is -
    Bridge pickup is Back = +, red is coil taps, and White is -

I also confused on how (or if I want to) I route as series. or do i want parallel? I play rock cover cover tunes and need a variety of useful tones. I struggle sometimes getting a good clean tone for sure. Also want to be sure i get good strat'y tones as well as typical humbucker sounds.

This is similar to what I use, and I wrote a blog about it. I route the splits as parallel, and the humbuckers as series. You will have to adapt my diagram for the pickups you have- I also had to flip a magnet for the right coils (& to remain humbucking).
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

yeah I read that earlier actually. pretty close. I guess I just dont know how my coils are configured. looks like the same casing and wire orientation but just flipped upside down and I assume the magnet flipped?

Comment

It might just be that one magnet needs to be flipped.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          It might just be that one magnet needs to be flipped.
          Which would mean removing the cover in order to do that.

I believe the magnet in the neck pickup is Alnico 4.

According to Tom Holmes, that's the same magnet used in most real '59 Les Pauls.
          Last edited by Lewguitar; 09-17-2020, 06:23 AM.
          “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

Originally posted by Lewguitar View Post

Which would mean removing the cover in order to do that.

I believe the magnet in the neck pickup is Alnico 4.

According to Tom Holmes, that's the same magnet used in most real '59 Les Pauls.
            Indeed. It is a little more of a pain with covers, but doable.

Comment

Working...
            X