No announcement yet.

Fake or not a fake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Identifying Label Codes for pickups built before 2002 We often get this question. There are one or two distinguishing characteristics for our pickups, along with an identifying label underneath. Check out the list below and see if any of these match the description of your pickup. Note that the last letter on your label is...

according to this...NO S!!!

"If there is an extra letter at the end it reflects who actually wound your pickup: •A Raul Araiza (Single Coils) •B Leticia Bautista (Single Coils) •C Catalina Padilla (Rails) •D Debbie Nyquist (Humbuckers) •E Edward Madrigal (Humbuckers) •G Gloria Ocompo (Humbuckers) •J Maricella Juarez-83′ (Humbuckers, Single Coils, Stacks, Rails) •J Janice Salazar-til 83′ (Stacks) •L Lidia Daniel (Humbuckers) •L Leticia Quintero-87′-90′ (Stacks, Rails) •M Martha Cameron (Humbuckers, Single Coils) •O Oti Mora (Stacks, Rails) •P Lupe Perez-86′ on (Rails) •P Patty Vasquez-till 86′ (Stacks, Rails) •R Connie Rocha (Single Coils) •V Joe Velez (Single Coils) •X Mai Xiong (Stacks)"

PS I'm by no means insinuating this isn't a legit pickup, I just watch a lot of law and order.
    Quality riffs in about a minute...
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

It looks like a legit pickup that someone, inexplicably, hand wrote an S or 5 on the label. (Maybe they mag-swapped an A5 and now it's a Custom 5?)

Comment

Maybe it's my imagination, but if it is an "S" it looks like it's written in the same manner as the "S's" in the words "Custom Custom".
        Anyone ever do any handwriting analysis?

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
          Maybe it's my imagination, but if it is an "S" it looks like it's written in the same manner as the "S's" in the words "Custom Custom".
          Anyone ever do any handwriting analysis?

Good eye....you’re absolutely correct.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
            It looks like a legit pickup that someone, inexplicably, hand wrote an S or 5 on the label. (Maybe they mag-swapped an A5 and now it's a Custom 5?)
            Upon further research, I think maybe yours is the correct answer.

Comment

Truth be told, I almost thought that it could have been wound by Seymour. But his signature looks completely different, at least based on what I see on the Antiquities.

Comment

Hi, OP here.

I ended up buying the pup - from a friendly young man who inherited a box full of all sorts of pickups, mostly Tonerider and GFS - the SD box still had the old price tag in Belgian Franks (we switched to Euros in 2002), so it's not gonna be a fake.
                Sticker stamp: TB11J
                There's a dash above the J but it is a J, not an S or a 5 so I'm very happy. It will be replacing the stock TB-11 in my Washburn wi66 - curious to see how much change there will be.

I'll be back with my evaluation later on.

Comment

Mystery solved! I look forward to the review.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

You’re replacing a TB-11 with a TB-11?

Comment

Seriously??

That weird-azz ultrawide Times New Roman font is authentic?
                      "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

No one is talking about the 6 screw holes in the legs? I've only seen that on German-made Shadow pickups and some Ibanez X series stuff from Korea.
                        aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

you mean the three holes on each leg of the baseplate? every trembucker has those

Comment

Did not know that.
                            aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Only the middle hole on each leg is threaded.
                              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
                                Did not know that.
                                You're officially fired from the forum

Comment

Working...
                                X