Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to find a wiring harness for Blackouts EMTY

Hi everyone!

I hope you are well! I am writing with the hopes that those with more knowledge may be able to help me.

I recently snagged a Mick Thompson EMTY Signature Blackouts on eBay for $36 plus shipping. Awesome! This item was listed as "NEW IN BOX", so I was pretty psyched.

YEsterday the pickup arrived, and I learned that the seller's understanding of "NEW IN BOX" does not extend to anything else that should be included with this item if it were actually new in box. The package that I received contained the pickup, in the box. That's it. No wires, no pots, no documentation, nothing.

I have attached a picture of the item below. Having never worked with Blackouts before, I am not sure what part I need to be able to install this. I did some Googling of "Blackouts wiring harness" and such, but have not been able to successfully what the missing parts I need are, or how to acquire them.

(I did reach out to the seller, and they offered a return and refund, but I would first like to see if I can get the parts I need to use this thing.)

So anyway, can anyone help me understand how to acquire the parts I need to install this pickup into my guitar?

Thanks so much! Stay well!

cheers,
    ->Mr. P
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Pickup.jpg
Views:	886
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	6017865

This will work for it.

This EMG Solderless Conversion Kit is designed two work with 2 Active EMG Pickups. It includes 2 volume, 2 tones and the wiring needed for installation. This conversion kit does not include a 3 Position Switch. You can use your existing 3 Position Switch with the B245 Switch Buss or you can purchase a solderless EMG Switch for easier installation. NOTE: The shaft length drop down refers to the threaded shaft on the potentiometer. Instruments with thicker tops require long shaft pots, if you're not sure we recommend measuring the existing pots. *Images may not contain exact contents, please read 'what's in the box' for a full list of parts included

Comment

Is it going into a single pickup guitar? What controls are you using it with (how many volume, tone, etc) and what kind of switch (if applicable)?

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post
        Is it going into a single pickup guitar? What controls are you using it with (how many volume, tone, etc) and what kind of switch (if applicable)?
        Hi!

Great questions! I don't necessarily have a plan for it yet, although I suppose it would probably be a good idea to have one.

I would assume it's probably a poor idea to mix active and passive pickups? So this will probably end up in something that might have previously had 2 pickups, but will now just have this one (which is OK, because I'm not talented enough to ever use the neck pickup.)

Most of my guitars are Les Paul style things, so I am understanding that I need the longer shaft pots. If I do with the one pickup plan, I will probably not have a selector switch unless it is there to simply function as a kill switch. Ideally no tone knobs, so I'm probably on the one pickup, one volume, no tone, no selector plan.

I can't tell if this plan is getting better or worse as I type it. Ideally I can find another $25 BC Rich Warlox to put this in.

Thanks for your ideas!

cheers,
        ->P

Comment

Keep in mind that the Blackouts are 100% compatible with EMGs, Fishman Fluence, etc. For example, you could source an EMG 60 for cheap and use it in the neck if you wanted a good match and couldn't find the EMTY neck model on its own.

If you don't want a neck pickup, but don't want a blank hole in your guitar either, you can simply put one of these threaded, empty EMG-style covers in the neck slot: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Guitar-pick...k/223985020906

Unfortunately, he kind of screwed you by not including the wiring. That definitely should have been mentioned in the listing.

I have most of the other parts you might need (output jack, 9V connector, maybe even the wire that connects to the back of the pickup), but I don't have any long-shaft 25K pots

Comment

@Masta C-Thanks! I sent you a DM.

cheers,
            ->P

Comment

Working...
            X