Hello Forum, First Post!
    I am looking to set this up:

Bridge - SD SH4
    Middle - Fender American Standard single coil
    Neck - SD Cool Rails

5 way switch

1 - SD YJM 500k Volume
    1- SD Smooth Turning 250k pot Tone
    1- Blender Pot? I have a few options firstly I have 2 of the SD 250k pots.

Bridge no tone hooked up.

Blender for middle or neck I am not sure.

Also I am not looking to split coil the humbuckers.
    I keep reading about using Duncans with the Strat single coil.
    Thanks

What is your question? The only issue I would forsee is that the outer pups will be way louder than the middle single coil.

I use blender pots a lot. To bring in neck when in bridge position and vice versa. You must NO LOAD the blender pot otherwise it will always be a slight mix of the 2 pickups.
    The things that you wanted
    I bought them for you

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
      Also remember that the Fender will be out-of-phase with the Duncans, so you will have to adjust the phase on either the Fender or the SDs. I am not sure what you want the blender pot to do, as the switch already combines the pickups.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

One way is to use the Standard HH 5 way schematic with the automatic split in the 2 and 4 Position and blend in the Single Coil Pickup.
        I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

The way I wired this up was to use 3 mini-switches instead of a 5-way switch along with master volume tone. Dragonfire can custom cut a pickguard with this option. Here's a partscaster where I did this using a SD StagMag, JB Jr clone and SD Jazz.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200620_125808.jpg
Views:	420
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	6018268

Comment

I want to be able to blend the neck with the Bridge. Wiring with SD pickups becomes different when you use a Fender Single Coil in the middle yes?
            That is where I am at a stump. Position 1 and 2 of the 5 way do not have access to the neck pickup.
            Also wiring the SD Coolrail and the SH4 the same(red and white - green and ground)? with the Fender single coil? Phase Issue...correct wiring?
            Thanks I hope that makes it a little clearer. Rock on Forum
            Also I am not looking to coil split just run the humbuckers and no tone on the bridge.
            Last edited by OceanTurquois; 09-21-2020, 09:59 AM.

Comment

In order to run the SD pickups with the Fender single, find the 2 wires on the Fender- one is the hot, the other is ground. Reverse them.

Comment

Thats what I thought but I read that is not the solution. Have you done this?

Comment

Yes, he knows it's correct which is why he's telling you.

Here's the diagram for a neck/bridge blender. You have to use a no load pot or make one yourself.

I bought them for you

Comment

Originally posted by OceanTurquois View Post
                    Thats what I thought but I read that is not the solution. Have you done this?
                    Yup, many times.

Comment

thank you all. I'm excited to get this together.

Comment

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
                        Yes, he knows it's correct which is why he's telling you.

Here's the diagram for a neck/bridge blender. You have to use a no load pot or make one yourself.

https://images.app.goo.gl/mJ96yhDSpUoKYuFG6
                        This diagram is for single coils and not Seymour Duncan HSH. Should I wire the Duncans red/white and green/bare and black to 5 way? Does this also mean the humbuckers when blended are in parallel? Thank you,

Comment

Red and white from the humbuckers get soldered together and taped off. That's the series connection between each coil of the humbuckers. Black goes to the switch, that's the signal. Green and bare go to ground. Green is the ground side of the pup and bare grounds the baseplate and coaxial shielding. Yes, this blender puts the outer pups in parallel.
                          I bought them for you

Comment

very cool thank you. I will reply again with my finished project

Comment

Originally posted by bgmacaw View Post
                              The way I wired this up was to use 3 mini-switches instead of a 5-way switch along with master volume tone. Dragonfire can custom cut a pickguard with this option. Here's a partscaster where I did this using a SD StagMag, JB Jr clone and SD Jazz.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200620_125808.jpg
Views:	420
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	6018268

where'd you get the JB Jr clone? Is it any good?
                              "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Working...
                              X