PGb + Twangbanger neck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PGb + Twangbanger neck?

I have a weird situation. I have a customer, who is an older "newbie." He bought a "standard" Squier Affinity Strat and wants to mod it. (It's actually a gorgeous Candy Apple Red.) He already bought an HSS pickguard and a white, full-sized Pearly Gates bridge. Now, to keep the cost down, he's wondering what I might have in stock for the N/M positions. He wants to keep it white and quiet. (No political jokes, please.) In white, I only have an STK-4n and a Twangbanger.

My main question is, how might that TwangBanger sound in the neck or the middle, with a PG? (I know. It's not noiseless.)

P.S. I meant TwangBanger in the neck. It's a bridge TB. I think. 8.7k
    Last edited by ArtieToo; 09-24-2020, 03:22 PM.

WouldnÂ’t you have to route to fit it in the neck? 8.7k seems hot and thick for a neck pickup, especially against a PG which should be bright.

Comment

Originally posted by scottoreilly

spammy stuff from the above post removed
      DaFuk?

Comment

That sounds like it would work, but can't you just put a white cover on anything? And isn't the twangbanger not noiseless?
        The things that you wanted
        I bought them for you

Comment

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
          That sounds like it would work, but can't you just put a white cover on anything? And isn't the twangbanger not noiseless?
          Yeah. The TB isn't noiseless, but if it sounds killer, he'll go with my recommendation. And you can put a white cover on some things. But not everything. I have a couple Duncans where the cover won't come off.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
            WouldnÂ’t you have to route to fit it in the neck? 8.7k seems hot and thick for a neck pickup, especially against a PG which should be bright.
            A TwangBanger is normal single-coil size.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post

A TwangBanger is normal single-coil size.
              I thought the neck plate of a tele was slightly smaller than a strat type? Maybe I’m wrong. Been a while since I had both out on the bench at the same time.

Comment

the twangbanger is normal strat pup size, just has a baseplate. i think the twangbanger could work in the neck, personally id prefer it in the middle but ive come to love the middle pup by itself much more than most

Comment

Thanks guys. I guess we'll give it a try and see how she sounds. I'll let you know.

Comment

Working...
                  X