Medium output humbucker with BIG mids?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
    The Perpetual Burn is a pretty "polite" sounding pickup and it doesn't have that mid cut you say you want. I would recommend the Hybrid it can get sweet but has insane harmonics and cuts well in the mids.
    Have a couple JB's a PB and a couple Hybrids in play in my guitars now so know them all very well.
    sweet, seems to come to the conclusion that the hybrid might be just what i'm looking for!

Comment

An A2 59/C hybrid is a really cool pickup. I have it in the bridge of a strat and it sounds killer. Not as fire-breathing as a JB, but has a nice kick and middy growl to it.
      Quality riffs in about a minute...
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
        The Perpetual Burn is a pretty "polite" sounding pickup and it doesn't have that mid cut you say you want.
        I found the PB to be pretty big and thick sounding myself. I do tend to dial the mids up some in my rig but even with them flat, it still has a big sound with plenty of cut. It certainly doesn't have the mids of the Custom Custom but it is not void of them either.

Comment

Dimarzio Norton.

Comment

Yeah, I was going to say Dimarzio Norton or Fred.

Comment

Originally posted by Reee View Post

it does seem to sound a lot fatter than the 59, which maybe i perceive as having more mids?

https://espguitars.co.jp/seymourdunc...tonechart.html

this chart rates the hybrid at B:6, M:8 and T:8 and the 59 at B:6, M:3 and T:8 though

the custom custom is rated at 3 : 7 : 7 there, so not too far off from the hybrid and JB in the EQ aspect
              I am not sure I believe those charts. I'd put the 59 & the Hybrid at 747, and the CC at 586.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

I am not sure I believe those charts. I'd put the 59 & the Hybrid at 747, and the CC at 586.
                and where would you put the pegasus?

Comment

That clip is good if you only listen to from 5:50 to 6:20. The rest of the clip sounds too processed with reverb and overdrive.
                  Originally Posted by IanBallard
                  Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Dimarzio has this area covered very well

Fred
                    Mo Joe
                    norton
                    at1
                    Air norton
                    Air zone
                    36th anni

And a bunch of others signature pickups too.

I like the norton alot.

I think there is a youtube video comparing the two.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                      The regular Alnico II Pro is about the most non-compressed mid-heavy pickup there is.
                      Spot on, as you always are.
                      Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

Is'nt the AP2 and 59 the same wind but one uses a A2 mag and one using an A5 mag ?

Comment

A2P and Jazz.
                          The things that you wanted
                          I bought them for you

Comment

Originally posted by JB6464 View Post
                            Is'nt the AP2 and 59 the same wind but one uses a A2 mag and one using an A5 mag ?
                            A2P and Jazz are the same wind. That has been confirmed. They are very differently EQ'd pickups.
                            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I think i will order a hyperion set through the custom shop, but i'll have to find a way around import fees or it would be way too expensive

Comment

The custom shop wasn't taking orders when I contacted them a week or so ago.
                                The things that you wanted
                                I bought them for you

Comment

Working...
                                X