Medium output humbucker with BIG mids?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
    I'm curious what you thought of the tone in my clip.
    kinda hard to tell but nothing that would make me want to have this pickup

Comment

What a strange response.
      The things that you wanted
      I bought them for you

Comment

What a strange response.
        it's a very short clip that doesn't really tell you much about the pickup because you're just strumming a chord through what sounds like some kind of cheap modelling amp, that's why i didn't respond in the first place because i appreciate that you shared it so i didn't want to leave a negative comment about how i didn't like it..
        Last edited by Reee; 10-04-2020, 12:57 AM.

Comment

The reason I asked is that I usually go for hot and compressed bridge humbuckers. But I created this one and I think it came out well from that standpoint but also from the view of people who like clear, uncompressed, vintage response, the same ballpark as the 59/Custom hybrid basically. And if it wasn't appealing, I would be genuinely curious as to the specifics of why not, I'm not gonna take it personally if you're not gonna go out and get the pickup. It's being played clean like the title says, not through a modeling amp. It's my $500 Peavey tube amp on 1 watt that I use to get clean breakup and my $1500 twin reverb used as a cab. Also recorded perfectly which is why it was kind of weird that you said it's hard to tell what the tone was. How exactly would you showcase the tone better? With a distortion box on?
          Last edited by Clint 55; 10-04-2020, 11:11 AM.
          The things that you wanted
          I bought them for you

Comment

The reason I asked is that I usually go for hot and compressed bridge humbuckers. But I created this one and I think it came out well from that standpoint but also from the view of people who like clear, uncompressed, vintage response, the same ballpark as the 59/Custom hybrid basically. And if it wasn't appealing, I would be genuinely curious as to the specifics of why not, I'm not gonna take it personally if you're not gonna go out and get the pickup. It's being played clean like the title says, not through a modeling amp. It's my $500 Peavey tube amp on 1 watt that I use to get clean breakup and my $1500 twin reverb used as a cab. Also recorded perfectly which it why it was kind of weird that you said it's hard to tell what the tone was. How exactly would you showcase the tone better? With a distortion box on?
            i would play a piece of music with it and not just a chord, and play something clean and then something distorted. the pickup does seem to clean up well with the volume knob but that's the only thing i could tell from your clip.

i think the edge of breakup sound of your peavey just sounds harsh which made me think it was some cheap modelling device, i'm not really a fan of edge of breakup tones in general and i think your pickup might be a little too hot for that type of tone, seems to work better with single coils and low output humbuckers.

Comment

Norton.

Jb like, but lower output.

Comment

I like my Screamin' Demon SH-12 it's a mid output alnico 5 magnet. plus you can adjust the pole pieces (hex and filister) on each half. sounds best more close to the strings than away. I installed my JB on a Les Paul that was Chambered out. i think the chambered cavity's help tame the JB. More space's to breath and more places for all that Big JB tone to resonate and even out.
                Last edited by jhansen; 10-19-2020, 06:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X