Strat bridge humbucker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strat bridge humbucker

Unfortunately as i get older, I seem to keep loosing hair and my guitars get less pointy.........I need a bridge humbucker for my strat but everything I try just seems too Thin and week sounding, any suggestions? I changed pots and it's not alot of difference. Should I try possibly a 100k vs the 250 or 500k ?

My MIM Plus Top Strat has a Seymour Duncan Pegasus in it. It sounds huge. I would recommend trying that. I have the standard pot still in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Calsip View Post
      My MIM Plus Top Strat has a Seymour Duncan Pegasus in it. It sounds huge. I would recommend trying that. I have the standard pot still in it.

do you have some recordings with it? i've tried to find clips of the pegasus but it's all downtuned chugging, i want to hear some leads with medium gain

Comment

I can send a recording to you later. The recording will just be on a phone.

Comment

Originally posted by Calsip View Post
          I can send a recording to you later. The recording will just be on a phone.

sweet, thanks

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
            The Custom Custom sounds amazing in a Strat, balances well with singles, and is neither thin nor weak. Perfect for a 1 guitar band, too, as it takes up a big amount of the frequency spectrum.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

My two favorites have been the PATB-1 and a Tone Zone. The PATB-1 is very balanced in my Strat, and the Tone Zone might even be a little too thick sounding.

Comment

There are several unconventional things you can do to warm up a bridge hum. All of which will work, however, and for less $ than a new pickup:

- Yes, an 100k volume pot will knock down highs and warm it up.
                - Double thick magnets increase output and warms it up so it's less shrill.
                - Get a pickguard with the bridge rout moved towards the neck. 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch will have a large effect.

Or you can also get a hotter pickup with a warm magnet like A2 or swap a warm magnet into it. As output increases, the warmer the pickup gets. It's a misconception that hot pickups are aggressive by nature. Some are voiced that way but everything equal as you move upwards in heat, the less shrill the sound will be and vice versa. The Custom Custom is a perfect example.
                The things that you wanted
                I bought them for you

Comment

Agreed on the Custom Custom. I have one in the bridge position on one of my Strats and it does sound like what you are looking for.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                  X