A little help..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little help..?

I'm wiring up a humbucker for my girlfriend's guitar (it's a birthday present).

She has a custom shop humbucker which has two different coils and wants all the sounds, humbucking and each coil.

I'm using an ON/ON/ON mini switch and looking to wire the humbucker in "UP", the bridge side coil in "CENTRE" and the neck side coil in "DOWN". Then, through a toggle switch to a single coil.

Can anybody point me at a schematic, please..?
    Anything is possible, just not always advisable...

This is how I have a Lace Dually wired to an on/on/on switch. It's a humbucker in the middle though. https://forum.seymourduncan.com/file...0&d=1411861186

Comment

Ah, it's a DPDT switch... my bad, mate.

Comment

I'm no switch expert. Maybe you can use the other switch you have?

Comment

With the on/on/on you can get series (standard humbucker)/split (to one coil)/parallel (both coils). afaik, you can't get series/split to one coil/split to the other coil.

Have you considered the Triple Shot mounting ring? With that you can get series/parallel/split to one coil/split to the other coil... and without the need for another switch.
          Originally Posted by IanBallard
          Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

I think both will work. The idea being do have three sounds out of the humbucker, coil 1, 2 and both in bridge, that and the neck in middle and just neck in neck.

Only a volume control.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
              With the on/on/on you can get series (standard humbucker)/split (to one coil)/parallel (both coils). afaik, you can't get series/split to one coil/split to the other coil.

Have you considered the Triple Shot mounting ring? With that you can get series/parallel/split to one coil/split to the other coil... and without the need for another switch.
              They don't do Triple Shot for an 8 string.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathMetalRob View Post

They don't do Triple Shot for an 8 string.
                8 string? Ahh, you didn't mention that.
                Originally Posted by IanBallard
                Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Yeah... here it is.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post

Can't just have hot on one side and ground on the other and have the switch put the red/white to one or the other to get each coil? (Granted, the way I'm thinking would be center=humbucker, but at least you could get at each coil.)

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post

Can't just have hot on one side and ground on the other and have the switch put the red/white to one or the other to get each coil? (Granted, the way I'm thinking would be center=humbucker, but at least you could get at each coil.)
                      would look like this on an on-on-on.

Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

Working...
                      X