Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HHH humbucker choices

First time posting here...

I'm thinking of purchasing an SG with an HHH setup. I have a Duncan Distortion bridge and Full Shred Neck from a previous guitar. Was thinking of using them for and then purchasing something for the middle pickup slot. But was also thinking of buying two Duncan Distortion bridge pickups and putting them in the neck and middle positions along with the bridge. I know that's how Ace Frehley use to have his Black Beauty setup except they were all DiMarzio Super Distortion pickups.

If I don't go the DD-DD-DD route, I can use the FS neck pickup and put it in the middle or neck position and match it up with another pickup.

If anyone has ever done this or has some good opinions, I'm all ears. Thanks!

Dude that's a perfect rock setup you already have with the FS and DD. Just put a Demon in the middle. Don't need much extra heat for a middle full size hum. Perfect setup I say.

Welcome to the forum!
    The things that you wanted
    I bought them for you

Comment

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
      Dude that's a perfect rock setup you already have with the FS and DD. Just put a Demon in the middle. Don't need much extra heat for a middle full size hum. Perfect setup I say.

Welcome to the forum!
      Awesome. Thanks! Yea, I wasnt sure how three DD bridge pickups would sound all together, if they would phase each other out or not. I think that's how most HHH guitars are setup which is kind of interesting. They use the same humbucker in all three slots. At least Ace played his that way...

Comment

Yep no phase, all hums are the same. Wired the same and magnet oriented the same, only the neck is rotated 180 compared to the bridge. I did some experimenting with a middle humbucker and I found out just a little hotter than the neck is all you need. Above 10k it just makes it overly warm. So Full Shred neck, Demon middle, and Distortion bridge should sound great.
        The things that you wanted
        I bought them for you

Comment

I'd go for 3 Triple Shots, with a P-Rail in the middle. No matter what pickups are on either side, it will sound good.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
          X