Is this diagram correct?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this diagram correct?

I'm thinking about building another HH partscaster, but I'd really like a wiring scheme that I've never seen before. Specifically I want to auto-split both pickups, but have the coils connected in series while in position 2, and in parallel while in position 4. I think the following diagram should do that, but this is the first time I've tried to make a diagram for one of these switches.

Edit: Removed diagram due to error in position 2, see post #3 for corrected diagram.

Can anyone confirm or refute that this diagram will do what I'm looking for?
    Last edited by dystrust; 09-30-2020, 07:12 AM.
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

I traced the signal flow for each of the 5 positions. The diagram is legit.
    Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

Cleaner version using jumped connections at the switch instead of dual output & ground:

Edit: Fixed an issue with position 2 where the black wire from the bridge pickup is connected to the output when it shouldn't be.
      Last edited by dystrust; 09-30-2020, 07:13 AM. Reason: Found issue with diagram
      Originally posted by crusty philtrum
      And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Working...
      X