P90 Staple Body Depth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P90 Staple Body Depth

Does the Custom Shop P90 Staple pickup fit in a standard Les Paul P90 body route, or does it need to be deeper?

Staples require 2 separate additions.....a huge increase in the depth (and width of the deeper rout section) through the middle, plus typically the addition of some wood in the two diagonal corners for the mounting screws.

Comment

I would give the Custom Shop a call.

Not 100% certain, but I believe the CS staple pickup is substantially shallower than the vintage Gibson staple pickups.
      Possibly enough so to fit a standard P90 rout.

Apparently it has been removed from the CS listings but I'm sure they would still make you one.
      "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

I think they might still make them. But I would call the Custom Shop to get the fastest information about this. If you find out, let us know here.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

If the Phat Staple is the same depth, I can measure that for you, perhaps even today if I make it around to my studio.
          Originally posted by LesStrat
          Yogi Berra was correct.
          Originally posted by JOLLY
          I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

i believe the phat staple is the same depth, it is very similar in construction just different shape bobbin

Comment

Just measured my brand new, never installed, plastic still on the top Phat Staple with pole pieces set at stock level.

The lowest hanging parts are just over 1/2" from the bottom of the cover, and about 11/16" from the baseplate.
              Originally posted by LesStrat
              Yogi Berra was correct.
              Originally posted by JOLLY
              I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsaBass View Post
                Just measured my brand new, never installed, plastic still on the top Phat Staple with pole pieces set at stock level.

The lowest hanging parts are just over 1/2" from the bottom of the cover, and about 11/16" from the baseplate.
                Cool. I'm going to have to take a look at my routes the next time I change my strings. Please post back if you run into anything when installing your Phat Staples. Thanks.

Comment

I picked up a set, called the shop, and left a message. If anyone has installation tips please let me know. My application is for a new Partscaster build. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                  X