Tele Pups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tele Pups

I have an ‘08 USA Tele with a DiMarzio Air Norton T in the bridge and a PG-13 mini humbucker in the neck. Using 300k pots. The guitar sounds great. But I am looking for a bit more crunch from the bridge and a bit more clarity in the neck.

I mostly play shred/hard rock. Looking for suggestions. Thanks!

I think the ultimate here would be a Hot Rails for Tele and a Custom Shop Rhythm for Tele with Strat Tone in the neck. Most Tele neck pickups don't have clarity.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Thanks Mincer!!!! That sounds like a great idea! Would the Hot Rails for Tele sound good with 250k? Thanks!

Comment

i use a Duncan Hot for Tele in the bridge and a Dimarzio Twang King neck with great results in one of my teles...our definitions of crunch might vary so the hot rails might be better for you, but the twang king neck is really nice for what you're looking for.
        Quality riffs in about a minute...
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

The Hot Rails may be the most obvious choice, but another option is the Hot Tele Stack, which handles gain wonderfully, but doesn't lose a bit of "Teleness", while the Hot Rails has a more humbucker-like tone to it.

I have one in my Tele (ESP LTD TE-212, alder body, maple neck and fretboard) and I can even play Metal on it.
          Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

Originally posted by JBViking View Post
            Thanks Mincer!!!! That sounds like a great idea! Would the Hot Rails for Tele sound good with 250k? Thanks!
            The Hot Rails was designed as a direct replacement, so yes, 250k should work just fine.

Comment

For the neck since you have a mini hum, maybe the Custom Mini Humbucker?
              sigpic
              Gibson LP Trad Pro II->Various pedals->MEsa Boogie MkV->Owensby/219 Guitar Works Vertical Slant 2x12 w/WGS ET-65 and Veteran 30.

Comment

Actually, for the neck, I might go with the Vintage Mini Humbucker, as it will clean up better and be a good contrast to the Hot Rails (providing you want to keep the same pickup type).

Comment

How much more crunch / clarity do you need? I'd be tempted to try 500K pots.
                  "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                    Actually, for the neck, I might go with the Vintage Mini Humbucker, as it will clean up better and be a good contrast to the Hot Rails (providing you want to keep the same pickup type).
                    I was going to say something like this too. Since I've "discovered" the mini-hum in a Tele neck, I think it's the perfect Tele neck pup.

Comment

Working...
                    X