banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One of the more interesting Strat pickup combos I’ve seen... (Lace + Strat)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of the more interesting Strat pickup combos I’ve seen... (Lace + Strat)

On a local FB Marketplace post.

I’m not sure I’d want it but it’s definitely creative. Mini switches select Humbucker or either single. 5-way is standard style.
    Attached Files
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Interesting.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

My guess is that it didn't end up being the dream machine he/she envisioned.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
        My guess is that it didn't end up being the dream machine he/she envisioned.
        That’s pretty much a guarantee!

it has all the obligatory “Haters get off my post, etc.”
        as well.
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Hopefully, it is at least wired correctly for what the player wanted to do.

Comment

I’m sure it is, but I don’t see a Lace Gold and stock Strat pickup being a very compelling HB when combined. I think something like your Warmoth setup is actually more versatile and useful in the options that it provides.
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

It just looks like a half-ass compromise all around. I want Lace sensors, but I'm not willing to go all-in with them. So instead I will try to fit both types of pickups in roughly the same spot and expect them to sound the same. When in reality it's an overly complicated poor compromise either way.

Comment

But I bet he had a really great idea to start this project...

Comment

I can see doing this if it's an experiment to see what, and what does not, sound good. Then you tear it down and put it back together with the configuration that worked. Also, you don't sell it like this. You put it back to stock, and then you have a spare set of pups to sell separately.

Comment

I was going to do a 3 noiseless single coil pickguard (with slanted bridge pickup) and add 2 rails pickups (both added to the middle side of the respective positions.

And s1 switch and a 4 pole 5 way to:

Go between single coil strat and Ibanez 5 way hh wiring.

then I installed a clapton midboost kit and it now seems like way more work than it's worth. Plus, I like the stealth look of a stock strat.

Comment

That's the thing...I think this kind of experimenting is great to figure out what you want. However, when you figure that out, it turns out that less is more.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                        That's the thing...I think this kind of experimenting is great to figure out what you want. However, when you figure that out, it turns out that less is more.
                        That has been my experience. The one possible exception . . . when I can, the middle position becomes a Slutbucker.

Comment

Working...
                        X