banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best middle pickup for HSH Invader setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best middle pickup for HSH Invader setup?

Hello!

I was looking into getting a HSH Stratocaster and swapping out the pickups in it. I want to go with Duncan Invaders in the Neck and Bridge, but I have no clue what to throw in the middle. Seymour Duncan's Pickup Finder recommends a Quarter Pound single coil, but it appears that the Invaders would overpower the single coil. I am thinking of wiring a switch to each Invader for Series/Split/Parallel, but I don't know if that will fix the potential issue. Is there any single coil/single coil humbucker that would fit the Invaders? I typically play rock, metal, and blues so that is a factor.

I am also a Steve Vai fan and was thinking of instead getting some DiMarzio Evolutions, I am pretty set on those Invaders, but if a HSH with them is almost impossible I may just pick up the DiMarzios

Thanks to whoever responds!

Dragonfire makes a ceramic single-coil with large oxide screws like the Invader. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Cruz-Si...YAAOSwcm5fTGTz

Comment

They make Invader single coils. What do you want to do with the middle pickup to begin with?
      "I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

If you want it to keep up output wise you'd have to go with a super hot single coil size humbucker like the Duncan Hot Rails bridge or the Dmz Sugar Chackra. If you don't care out a volume imbalance or are gonna do switching to drop the output of the hums, then your options will open up. Let us know what sound you're going for. If you just want to match the hot hums in tone, or introduce some single coiley tone, or something else.
        The things that you wanted
        I bought them for you

Comment

I want to go for a beasty, low end, endless tone machine to add some chunk and heft to some of that metal and rock I play. I am a big fan of the Strat 2/4 positions, and as stated, I plan to add a Series/Split/Parallel switch to each Invader to help calm them down, so that should free up some options.

Comment

How about a Lace Red Sensor, or Hot Gold?

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Just go with a Hot Stack. Works great with an Invader, and it is noiseless.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

If you want phat soundng and weird looking, get a PA-STK.
                Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

I use a QuarterPound on my HSH that had Invaders for a while (switched to a StagMag/Jazz since). It worked pretty good. You have to make sure the pickup heights balance well. I also tried a JB Jr for a while and didn't like it.

Comment

Working...
                  X