Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage Stack Wiring screw up

Hi there -

New to the forums. Embarrassingly, I was in the process of trying to create a slot for the neck wire to go in my self built tele, (it runs through the bridge pickup cavity which was too shallow) and I accidentally sliced the wires for my new Vintage Stack pickup. I tried splicing the wires together, but that didn't work. Then I removed the wires to the pickup and soldered new wires just the white and black wires (basically creating a standard 3 wire setup (hot, ground + grounding the cover) to try to wire up to the 4 way switch mod which I have done successfully with single coils on a different guitar. Also I had replaced the silver cover with a gold one and so was just grounding that directly to the volume pot.

Unfortunately my fix didn't work. - not sure if I screwed up soldering the new wires to the pickup - I did it from a above where the original wires were coming from and fed the wires through the hole, but it seemed like getting the solder on top caused the plastic mount to bubble. Any suggestions with how to proceed would be helpful (would like to avoid getting a new pickup).

Thanks in advance.

You need to solder a jumper across where the red & white wires were.

Comment

Ok I'll give that a try! Thanks.

Comment

Please come back, and let us know if this worked for you.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
        X