No announcement yet.

More growl from 59B?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Demon with an A2? Interesting, I would have tried a smooth UOA5.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
      Demon with an A2? Interesting, I would have tried a smooth UOA5.
      Have often thought UA5 could be a great match for a Demon.

I'm wondering how a 59B would do with a doublethick A5. Might have to try that one of these days when I have one out.
      "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

I've often wondered what a regular ceramic would do to a 59b.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by misterwhizzy View Post

I'd say that's a pretty good description. Maybe a little more push to the frontend of the amp.
          More gain, roll off your treble, get an outboard e.q. The '59 is enough of a "blank slate" pickup that simple e.q. and gain adjustments should get you where you need to be.

I was confused because I thought you were asking for more "oomph," but found UOA5 too much.

A ceramic magnet in the '59 will put more oomph into your amp, thickening up the low end.

Treble is easy to dial back. Better to start with too much than too little.
          Last edited by ItsaBass; 10-21-2020, 09:48 PM.
          Originally posted by LesStrat
          Yogi Berra was correct.
          Originally posted by JOLLY
          I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

An easy solution here might be an EQ pedal, too.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

My first thought from the thread title was "Screamin' Demon". I have 3 of them and yeah, it's got more growl for sure. No mag swaps in any of mine.

Comment

Originally posted by misterwhizzy View Post
                I think I found it, but not in any of the ways suggested. I had an old Demon laying around, and I stuck that in. I had at one point put an A8 in it, but that's way too modern sounding. I realized that and swapped in an extra A2, added a bit of gain and bass and rolled off the volume a bit. Bingo.

For what it's worth, the Demon has phenomenal clarity under very heavy gain. I had forgotten that. I think I'll try to stick with this one for a while.
                Basically what I suggested. Slightly hotter, double screw, warm mag.
                The things that you wanted
                I bought them for you

Comment

Working...
                X