banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Three Seymour Duncan Pickups...Is this the most versatile guitar of all time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't mean to say you can't play rock/metal on a tele, but that guitar would definitely not be most people's first choice for heavy music.
    Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 10-28-2020, 03:22 PM.

Comment

While I do love Brent Mason's guitar, tones, and playing, I'd say this is probably one of the most versatile guitars ever as far as tones go.

Comment

Complexity doesn't equal versatility.

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
          While I do love Brent Mason's guitar, tones, and playing, I'd say this is probably one of the most versatile guitars ever as far as tones go.

Interesting concept but I didn't hear a single sound out of that guitar I actually liked! Did you?

And there's no B Bender either.
          “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

Are we talking only versaility? Or versaility we like?

Comment

I've tried a lot of wiring schemes, and my personal favorite, (and I think versatile), is dual humbuckers and a Superswitch. Wired: (from top to bottom)

1. Neck
              2. Neck screw w/bridge stud parallel (Strat quack)
              3. Neck screw w/bridge stud series (Slutbucker)
              4. Bridge parallel (Quasi-Tele twang)
              5. Bridge

All are noiseless. All sound good, and are different. Works for me.

P.S. I do like the Brent Mason Tele. In fact, I've gathered up all the parts, and the Tele, to do it. I just need to muster up the time, inclination, and courage, to route out that middle pup cavity.
              Last edited by ArtieToo; 10-29-2020, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
                P.S. I do like the Brent Mason Tele. In fact, I've gathered up all the parts, and the Tele, to do it. I just need to muster up the time, inclination, and courage, to route out that middle pup cavity.
                I'm very intrigued. I've wanted a B-Bender ever since hearing Clarence White with the Byrds. using one on his Tele. Never owned a pedal steel but I love that sound.
                “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

If you want to hear some great guitar work using a B Bender, listen to some Diamond Rio. Jimmy Olander is the king of that!

Comment

Originally posted by Lewguitar View Post

I'm very intrigued. I've wanted a B-Bender ever since hearing Clarence White with the Byrds. using one on his Tele. Never owned a pedal steel but I love that sound.
                    Hey Lew. I'm not doing the B-bender. That's way beyond my skills. Besides, I don't really care about that particular function. It's the pups and controls that I'm doing.

Comment

Working...
                    X