X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Q about Slash pickups

Q; are the Slash pickups 4 conductor?

Thanks!
    If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane.

Originally posted by TheLivingDead
    DON'TGETMADBRO

Alnico II Humbucker set (APH-2) voiced specifically by Slash to give all of his Les Pauls that Appetite for Destruction tone.

the production models aren't but i'm sure the custom shop can do it.

Comment

You can order them with 4 conductor wiring through their Shop Floor Custom program.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

wasn't there a thing years ago (like when they first came out) that you couldn't get them in 4c? because that alters the sound and slash only signed off on them the way they were (1c)?
        Quality riffs in about a minute...
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

How does it alter the sound?

Comment

this is from 2010, so i assume they have figured it out by now (my question was just an off topic musing...)

"
            The APH-2 is currently available in single conductor only. It would require modification to be made 4-conductor, and I'm not sure how we're treating Shop Floor Customs on this pickup yet. The reason being, many people feel there's a sound difference between single and 4 conductor, and there is justification for it. The signal from the red and white coil leads have to travel down a shielded cable (capacitance) and then back up again. So for Slash, single conductor is the sound he approved, and who are we to argue? Also, he has been using 4-conductor Alnico II Pro's on many guitars, but the Appetite guitar has single conductor AIIPros."
            Quality riffs in about a minute...
            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

I've never heard a sonic difference between single conductor and 4. It might exist, but by the time I took the pickup out, and replaced it, I know I wouldn't hear a difference.

Comment

That actually makes some sense, even though I've never really thought of that before.

Comment

I ordered floor custom, 4 conductor, nickel covered Slash pickups years ago from Sweetwater. It’s special order

Comment

Originally posted by jmh151 View Post
                    I ordered floor custom, 4 conductor, nickel covered Slash pickups years ago from Sweetwater. It’s special order
                    Congrats! Let us know how it sounds when you install it!

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

Congrats! Let us know how it sounds when you install it!
                      I ordered the 4 conductor since my 2015 Les Paul needed 4 conductor wiring Which I never take advantage of, they’re always in full humbucker mode.

Tone wise, the slash pickups were much warmer and sweeter than the BurstBucker Pro’s, still the same ballpark, but an improvement over stock.

Comment

Working...
                      X