banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D-Activator Neck vs Super 2... vs Black Winter Neck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the issue is the power, not just the EQ.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I had a JB in the neck of a guitar for about 5 minutes. It had a Super Distortion in the bridge. The JB was pure sludge in the neck. literally laughed out loud at how awful it was, in that guitar with my amp, then pulled it back out.

Comment

Second thoughts: It's not too bad under lots of gain. It's fat, smooth, and singing. It has none of that chirpy overly emphatic dry pick attack that I don't like from 7-8KOhm neck pickups. I did replace the poles for short hex screw, though.

I have two options on where to go next: 1 Meg pot to make the cleans more usable or push-pull pot to split it for cleans and leave it as is for leads.

What do you guys think?

Click image for larger version  Name:	123333962_10159047410800746_8077248772899032530_o.jpg Views:	0 Size:	52.7 KB ID:	6026917
        Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 11-05-2020, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Not sure about pickups, but damn dude love that color.
          1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
          Jackson Soloist 7 string
          ESP LTD M-400
          Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

Thanks! I love it too.

Comment

Maybe a push/pull series/parallel for cleans?
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I'm thinking push-pull is a definite yes, because I do like it overdriven. It's dark, yes, but it's not bassy, so I do like how it just sings like a flute. It's definitely nothing like the EMG 66 in my LTD (which, TBH, I've never been happy with). It's just the cleans that are kinda terrible, LOL.

Would there be any benefit to running it in parallel instead of just split? I bet it would sound great split seeing the coils are approx. 8K each.
                Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 11-05-2020, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X