banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time for a change Any suggestions for my les Paul’s ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The bobbins are held on by 4 screws, and probably some wax. Baseplates are available online, and probably on this very forum. They are a few $. You just have to be careful to not break the wire when transferring from the broken baseplate to the new one.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I put the jb in and it finding it to sound a little trebly and harsh on the low end any suggestions ???

Comment

You can always try swapping out the magnet to an alnico 2, which many people like. Another option is a pickup like the Custom, or, for more mids, the Custom Custom.

Comment

I feel like I may not have put it at the right height or a good height or something I’m not sure because this is a small a dark rock pickup that should sound pretty good right ?

Comment

'The right height' is something that may be different for every player and guitar. I'd lower it quite a bit to where it sounds pretty bad, and gradually raise it a few mm at a time. You will hear when it starts sounding good to you.

Comment

when you press the e strings down at the last fret, how far is the top of the pup from the bottom of the strings?

Comment

I’ll measure it I’m thinking I may have had it too close cause it was quite closer to the strings than my other gibsons pickups were

Comment

Originally posted by Smokeythebear View Post
                  Where do I get them and how do you transfer
                  Mojotone has a nice selection of baseplates at reasonable prices. I've bought a couple from them before.

Comment

lower will be less harsh for sure

Comment

Anyone know the dimensions of the base plate ???
                      this is the message I got from them
                      Seymour Duncan for the specs on that pickup as we don't know them. You should be able to ask them what size baseplate is needed. It SHOULD be 49.2mm, 50mm, or 53mm. Something along those lines. Once you find this out, we can point you in the right direction. Thanks!

Comment

Humbucker short leg size:

Trembucker size:

Comment

Working...
                        X