Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with Duality actives

Hey guys,

I recently purchased a set of Duality active humbuckers.
    This is my second time re-doing all the electronics and it still doesn’t work. I’m using new 25k pots and a new switch. Should i be concerned that the pups are faulty?

Oh, this pair is going into a Gibson Explorer so I’m going for 2 vol and 1 tone.

any help?
    If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane.

Originally posted by TheLivingDead
    DON'TGETMADBRO

You should be able to test resistance. If you can test resistance it should work.
    Last edited by idsnowdog; 10-30-2020, 04:44 PM.

Comment

This is the diagram I found, which is for 2 volume, 2 tone:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	026873327_1-917f6be04f9d8101da786c409b81ecb2.png
Views:	255
Size:	292.5 KB
ID:	6025702
      And here is one I found for 1 vol, 1 tone:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	gvsgxu4em4vjlz5xjvek.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	6025703
      You can always wire the tone knob after the switch.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by lex666 View Post
        Hey guys,

I recently purchased a set of Duality active humbuckers.
        This is my second time re-doing all the electronics and it still doesn’t work. I’m using new 25k pots and a new switch. Should i be concerned that the pups are faulty?

Oh, this pair is going into a Gibson Explorer so I’m going for 2 vol and 1 tone.

any help?
        are your quickconnects the right side up? Iirc that can be a thing with some actives, the connector fitting both ways but only working in one
        "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

The most often mistake I see people with actives make is they use the wrong eyelet on the stereo jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Adieu View Post

are your quickconnects the right side up? Iirc that can be a thing with some actives, the connector fitting both ways but only working in one

Yeah, I’ve tried them both ways with no success

DON'TGETMADBRO

Comment

Thanks, I will double check the jack wiring.

Originally posted by idsnowdog View Post
              The most often mistake I see people with actives make is they use the wrong eyelet on the stereo jack.

DON'TGETMADBRO

Comment

Posting some pics of your work might help some of us spot something that could be wrong. There are a few people here who have converted to Dualities, so hopefully they can help out.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by lex666 View Post

Yeah, I’ve tried them both ways with no success

on the flip side, it isn't true for the EMG design most quick-connect pickups are based on so probably not the case here, but... there ARE also active systems that will burn out and get bricked if you wire/plug the polarity backwards. For example, Ibanez ADX5 branded soapbars with VariMid EQ preamp (never did figure out what died, the pups or the preamp, ended up tearing it all out for the much better Blackouts for Bass)
                  "New stuff always sucks" -Me

Comment

Originally posted by Adieu View Post

on the flip side, it isn't true for the EMG design most quick-connect pickups are based on so probably not the case here, but... there ARE also active systems that will burn out and get bricked if you wire/plug the polarity backwards. For example, Ibanez ADX5 branded soapbars with VariMid EQ preamp (never did figure out what died, the pups or the preamp, ended up tearing it all out for the much better Blackouts for Bass)
                    Once I completely fryed an EMG set with reverse current, so that is definitely a concern. My case it was the preamp, as I could measure the resistance with multimeter, all was fine and passive part of the pup was working, but it had very weak signal. (Though it wasnt the quick connect, I was tinkering with the batteries trying to create a wiring that is switchabke bewtween 9 and 18 volts, but I messed up the connections on the dpdt and the moment I plugged the guitar in, the pups went dead)
                    Last edited by nexion218; 11-12-2020, 04:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X