No announcement yet.

Random Black Winter love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyday when I pick up my guitar with the Black Winter, I realise how perfect a pickup it is. This sucker can chug at any volume pretty much. Just amazing. I wouldn't change anything about it. Perfection.

Comment

Originally posted by eclecticsynergy View Post
      Does the BW neck have big solid lows?
      Website shows the exact same EQ profile as the bridge model.

Am wondering if the neck might make a good medium-output option for bridge position.
      BW bridge is too hot for me.
      Actually I think the BW neck would make a great bridge pickup. I have to try that.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Heaven
        Attached Files

Comment

^I really love that little amp.

Comment

BW-N in the bridge would be an interesting pickup to try. It seems to have a lot in common with the Nazgûl and the SH-7.

Comment

The BW neck has a *very* different EQ than the Nazgul, though. It seems the resonant peak shifts lower, giving it a sound that is useful for other things than just mega-gain.

Comment

Any of you guys use a Tubescreamer? Just the pedal itself not as a booster? The Black Winter sounds great for blues through my Tubescreamer mini. Nice and chuncky. I am constantly changing my volume and tone up and down while I use the Winter, more than any other pickup
                Last edited by UnderTheFlame83; 11-12-2020, 05:12 PM.

Comment

I've used a Tube Screamer and an SD 905 with the Black Winter, with the pedal as the only source of gain. It is a great sound, almost oboe-like, with this reedy thing going on.

Comment

Originally posted by UnderTheFlame83 View Post
                    Any of you guys use a Tubescreamer? Just the pedal itself not as a booster? The Black Winter sounds great for blues through my Tubescreamer mini. Nice and chuncky. I am constantly changing my volume and tone up and down while I use the Winter, more than any other pickup
                    I know, the Winter really encourages you to be attentive to volume and tone knobs! I use Boss's TS clone in my Katana as a booster for metal tones. For blues, it's the trusty physical Blues Driver. Both neck and bridge split sound excellent for blues when going through the Blues Driver. But I have no doubt that a TS would get you some great blues tones. I'd say there is really no tone the Winters can't get you.

Comment

Originally posted by weepingminotaur View Post

I know, the Winter really encourages you to be attentive to volume and tone knobs! I use Boss's TS clone in my Katana as a booster for metal tones. For blues, it's the trusty physical Blues Driver. Both neck and bridge split sound excellent for blues when going through the Blues Driver. But I have no doubt that a TS would get you some great blues tones. I'd say there is really no tone the Winters can't get you.
                      Yep, the Winter can do it all. Simply an amazing pickup that everyone should try.

Comment

Working...
                      X