Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tele S/H matching combo.

Quick question for a S/H Tele combo.

Can a Duncan Quarter Pound [bridge] gel well with a Duncan WLH [neck] full size 'bucker ?

I do not want one to over power (volume wise) the other, when the toggle is in the middle pos.
    Seeing that there is no individual volume knobs for each pick up, i need them to be of equal volume.

Is is worth to giving such a Tele a 4-way switch mod ?
    Formerly known as; SirJackdeFuzz (7400+ posts)

Don't have any experience with that set, but the Hot Tele Stack and the A2Pro neck humbucker do match both in volume and in tone.
    Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

Originally posted by SirJackdeFuzz II View Post
      Quick question for a S/H Tele combo.

Can a Duncan Quarter Pound [bridge] gel well with a Duncan WLH [neck] full size 'bucker ?

I do not want one to over power (volume wise) the other, when the toggle is in the middle pos.
      Seeing that there is no individual volume knobs for each pick up, i need them to be of equal volume.

Is is worth to giving such a Tele a 4-way switch mod ?
      They will be close in volume, but due to location, the WLH will be slightly louder. This is always an issue with HS setups in a Tele, however. The QP is a darker pickup, so if that is the tone you are going for, then I'd say yes. If you want something brighter, look at the Jerry Donahue, too.
      Havine 2 higher output pickups in series wouldn't be my choice, unless you like a lot of mids and less 'attack' to the notes.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

The GFS Bigmouth is an exact match for a Quarter Pounder. I have one in a s/s/h Tele.
        Last edited by idsnowdog; 11-08-2020, 05:45 AM.

Comment

It's QP, the only Duncan's single coil tele bridge pickup that can compete with humbucker and P-90. When the rest fails, QP prevails. A loud and bassy pickup, it needs 500k pots just like a humbucker to open it up. I don't have experience with QP - WLH particularly, but I had it matched with '59 and Vintage P-90. WLH neck has similar output with '59 bridge. I'd say height adjustment would settle it.

Comment

I bought a Godin '59 Stadium which is Tele style guitar, that came with a '59 in the neck and their Custom Cajun single coil in the bride. The Custom Cajun was hot, but still was outdone by the '59 (which was also significantly bassier). After fighting it, I just decided to go with a whole different setup.

I reached out to Stonewall Pickups and he put together a set for me that matches perfectly sound and volume wise. If push comes to shove, and you can't find a good combination, then I would suggest him. I am very pleased with what I received.

Cole
            Budda Superdrive II 30, 45, V40, Baby Budda| H&K Duotone | Laney GH100L | Peters Halo/Hydra | Rivera M100 | |Rocktron Vendetta 100 | VHT Pittbull 100/CL]

Comment

i think the qp bridge and wlh neck could be a cool combo. i wouldnt bother with a series option for those pups. if you have two vintage output type pups then it can be useful but even then its fairly dark. set the qp where you like the tone then adjust the wlh to match output wise and i think youll be golden

Comment

Originally posted by Synapsys View Post
                Don't have any experience with that set, but the Hot Tele Stack and the A2Pro neck humbucker do match both in volume and in tone.
                Nice to know, thanks Synapsys
                Formerly known as; SirJackdeFuzz (7400+ posts)

Comment

Working...
                X